KEMPER Roadmap

• It is not such a long time ago, when the Firmware started to use all knobs on the Kemper (e.g. Performance mode)...
    Finally - after this long time - the Kemper still gives new features with each firmware update... And I doubt, that this is fnshed now.
    It really is impressive, how Kemper designed this thing. A really long time before everything was implemented, they already knew lots of features that could be implmented later - and designed all the knobs for it.
    What could a Kemper 2 look like? Could be the same as Kemper 1 just with two inputs, so that you can do Direct and Merged Profile in one run...
    What else?

• Yes Sir, i will do so. On the other hand i've got all the good infos about the KEMPER only from internet.
    It is pretty much money and the reason for me is to get a better sound than the HD500X which i own.
    May be the difference is not worth the money i have to add on. But i know, i could give it back to the store...

• Anyway, whatever comes out in the future, your Profiler will certainly not sound worse that it does today. You'd not waste anything, and would always sound better than the POD :D

• So we don't have any kind of roadmap as for what to expect in future FW updates?

Out of interest to feature requests get acknowledged or are they just 'there'?

• Well, it is fun to speculate. And, I would not be surprised if a Kemper 2 is not already in the planning, initial design phase. After all, the KPA has been out for 4 years now. Certainly, any successor to the Kemper will not make the original obsolete, just as the Axe-FX II did not nullify the Axe-FX Ultra or standard.

Here are my crystal ball prognostications:

New Kemper 2 will be launched by 2017, with a possible earlier introduction/debut at Musikmesse 2016 or NAMM.

• It will feature faster DSP processor(s) and greater flash memory, allowing for:
    • Significantly improved boot/start-up time
    • Continued evolution of Profiling algorithm and process
    • Ability to merge/blend two different amp models and/or run two different amp models in parallel

It will also feature STEREO capability for all Outputs, including Monitor Out.

I also foresee a radical new additional feature -- implementation of a "profiling" type process that allows for true profiling/cloning of OD and Distortion type stomp boxes.

Finally.................drum roll please.........

Convolution-based Reverb!!! .

^^8)

• I totally agree with Tritium, These features are necessary and urgent:

- It will feature faster DSP processor(s) and greater flash memory.
    - Significantly improved boot/start-up time.
    - Continued evolution of Profiling algorithm and process.
    - Ability to merge/blend two different amp models and/or run two different amp models in parallel
    - It will also feature STEREO capability for all Outputs, including Monitor Out.

I hope the Namm 2016 gives us the surprise.

• Necessary and urgent?
    Uh, you must be kidding.
    I guess it will be a few more years before a new Kemper generation will be available.
    Also CK himself has stated that the profiling algorithm is considered fully developped.
    In conclusion I think none of your aforementioned points is going to happen in the near future.

• I mailed K-Team before buying a few month ago, because of the same concerns. They (re)assured me that (as others have posted) the device will be actual for a proper amount of time...

So go for it :thumbup: , it's green!

EDIT: lol just saw the date of the OP...

Gear: Strats & KPA. Plug Ins: Cubase, NI, iZotope, Slate, XLN, Spectrasonics.
    Music: Song from my former band: vimeo.com/10419626[/media][/media][/media] Something new on the way...

• Necessary and urgent?
    Uh, you must be kidding.
    I guess it will be a few more years before a new Kemper generation will be available.
    Also CK himself has stated that the profiling algorithm is considered fully developped.
    In conclusion I think none of your aforementioned points is going to happen in the near future.

Just to clarify...

My prior post was made way back in April, and it was intended more as playful speculation on features a notional, future KPA 2 might possess. While I understand and appreciate JH-2's enthusiasm, I also am completely satisfied with the KPA in it's current form. Heck, I don't use even a quarter of it's features and capabilities. In other words, I am just fine if there is no "KPA 2" in active development. However, I am also cool with the possibility that there might be a "KPA 2" in the pipeline, or at least on CK's product roadmap.

Cheers, all.

• Just to clarify...

My prior post was made way back in April, and it was intended more as playful speculation on features a notional, future KPA 2 might possess. While I understand and appreciate JH-2's enthusiasm, I also am completely satisfied with the KPA in it's current form. Heck, I don't use even a quarter of it's features and capabilities. In other words, I am just fine if there is no "KPA 2" in active development. However, I am also cool with the possibility that there might be a "KPA 2" in the pipeline, or at least on CK's product roadmap.

Cheers, all.

I know. ;) I primarily referred to JH-2’s 'Necessary and urgent ' semantics.

• Ingolf I'm not kidding, for me use 2 amps at the same time is absolutely necessary. Kemper people they can add that option in "Kemper 2", if you do not like that option is very easy, you only use one amp :)

I'm sure if we would have that option would you use 2 amps at same time.

• Ingolf I'm not kidding, for me use 2 amps at the same time is absolutely necessary. Kemper people they can add that option in "Kemper 2", if you do not like that option is very easy, you only use one amp :)

I'm sure if we would have that option would you use 2 amps at same time.

I suck at playing 1 amp at a time, though having 2 amps at a time I would suck twice as good :D