Drect Profile - A/B + EQ not working?

• Hi guys,
    I'm trying to make a direct profile of my Diezel Hebert but am having some issues!

This is the first direct profile i've tried to make so I could be making numerous mistakes, but I can't seem to alter the sound in the Profiling process. Adjusting any of the knobs (volume, EQ...etc) doesn't have any effect on the 'kemper' or 'reference amp' sound. The profiling does it's alien process but and after it's done the refinements ('power sagging'...etc) make no difference either. I also don't know how to save the profile at the end of the process (though at this stage there's probably no point as it could sound terrible for all I know!)

Here's my signal chain:

Guitar > Kemper Front Input
    Kemper Direct Output / Send > Diezel Input
    Diezel Speaker Out (16 ohms) > DI box input
    DI box parpout > 4x12 Cabinet
    DI box Balanced XLR In/Out > Kemper Return Input

(DI Box set at -20db)

Any help ASAP would be massively appreciated as i!t's all still plugged in and ready to go.
    P.s. I'll share all the profiles if I can make it work!

• I think it may be that you would have to monitor the Kemper with a power amp or with headphones. Since you don't have a mic in front of the speaker, you are just hearing the Diezel. Hope this make sense Johnny333

• Thanks, I plugged in some headphones and that does work but it seems a bit pointless since I am hearing the direct signal from the head without a cab which will never sound good.

Is there a way I can A/B between the amp and the keeper's new profile on the cab?

Also for storing new profiles, do you always have to record over an old one? This seems like a strange approach.