Slate's VMS

• Just starting this in the proper area. A number of us have been wondering/waiting/curious about the new Microphone and Preamp technology from Slate since it's Jan 2014 NAMM announcement.

Sambrox pointed out the link: http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/VMS

And it seems they went from 2 Mics (1" & 1/2") and 2 types of preamps all for $2,000 to a 1" Mic, 1 Pream, for $999

I think I'd like to wait and see what the reviews are like before I give it a try, but I am curious. Because, just like the Kemper has allowed me to simplify and actually save money (by selling excess amps) maybe I can sell the microphones and preamp and get a cool $1k back.

This might be a tall order, but if the Slate is more like the Kemper and less like the Variax I'd jump on that ship in a heart beat!

• Slate had a special announcement about the future of all their products:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• OMG, that was funny!

When I saw the email topically w/o reading it I was like "Slate, going analog?!?" but then again I've been really busy today. Too busy to notice the date apparently.

Thanks, paults!