Inserting Rigs & MIDI Program Change Numbers

• I initially assigned Rigs to the first 50 MIDI patch numbers in Browse mode in order to be able to access them via a Liquid Foot JR+ MIDI foot controller. Everything works perfect using the Liquid Foot bank up / down that increments the rigs / patches assigned to the other 6 button on the controller. The issue is that I often find better rigs that I want to INSERT into the MIDI program change number sequence - not just add the next number. So if I find one that I want to be assigned to MIDI program change #1,I don't see a way to actually INSERT the rig and have the rest pushed back one. Is this at all possible? I doubt it but I thought I would ask (boy it would be great to put this in Rig manager with drag / drop).

If not, then I assume I'm left with doing this in performance mode. I don't care about the selection of "performances" per say - I'm more concerned about the patch order in totality. As such, it appears from the manual that I can still use MIDI program numbers to access the slots in each performance sequentially, which being able to access 5 slots / rigs in a sequence per performance then go to the first slot in the next performance with JUST a program change increment (without consideration of performance increment / selection). In this way I don't have to do anything to reprogram the Liquid Foot JR+ - I just have to switch the Kemper to performance mode. I get concerned as to whether the LF+ will then recognize the Rig names and properly set and control the effects in performance mode.

Any thoughts on all this?

• You can assign ANY rig to ANY midi program changed number.
    So what you want (having a new rig x at midi PC y) is perfectly assignable right now.
    I don't see any possibility to push other PC's back by one, but frankly speaking I don't see any use for this either. Can you elaborate more?

• Well, ignore performance mode for a second, the reason I would want to organize by Rigs by PC# order is to put them into an order from best to worse, so if I find a really good one that I didn't have, I want to INSERT it in the PC# sequence rather then add it at the end. My MIDI controller can then INCREMENT them in the sequence that I want rather than me programming a hard coded PC# for a footswitch. As you say, I don;t think it's possible to insert a rig into a PC# slot - with INSERT meaning just that, having the rest move down one PC# - but I'd thought I'd ask.

I guess this is why Performance Mode is there. :) I assume performance mode works as I describe above - Correct?

• Yeah, you'll love performance mode. You can constantly change the order of your rigs there.

What I'm not fond of in performance mode is the break up of Rig order into 5 rig slots. I'd rather have a straight numeric sequence that can easily be reorganized.

I set my MIDI controller up for 3 rigs per controller "bank", so the relationship between 5 rig slots in performances on the Kemper and 3 rigs per bank change on my controller becomes confusing. If I'm reading corrctly though, the MIDI PC#s in performance mode are sequential, so from a controller programming standpoint it's probably irrelevant, but it' still disconcerting a bit to see Bank 2 Rig 3 on my foot controller equal Performance 2 Slot 1 on my Kemper.

• Also not fond of the fact that you can only rearrange the 5 slots in a performance and the performances themselves, with no way to quickly rearrange the order of the MIDI PC# changes for rig switching. Plus, you can't see the names of the stomps in the rigs in Performance mode without double clicking each one, and the names of the rigs in the slots are too small to view easily. There needs to be some changes here.