controller

• I know there's a lot being said about numerous controllers. Though they all seem to have advantages and disadvantages.
    I'm still working with my Roland FC 200 midi footcontroller, I guess in a rather unconventional way.
    My routine:
    1. I choose a suitable rig from browser and add fx and store.
    2. I press a bank in the FC-200 and a number for recall. Let's say bank 1 under pedal number 01
    3. System page 7/12: Browse Mode Prg Chg: Current rig (the rig I have chosen)
    4. It shows Midi Prg Chg # 11 (that's the bank, pedal number 01)
    5. I press Assign and it's done! I now have this rig stored under that pedal.

This works fine! But it's just one complete sound!

The trouble is, that this is not enough. For my song I need different settings. An example
    1. I want a clean sound (with chorus) for the intro.
    2. There is a heavy part at the bridge
    3. I want to skip delay during the verse
    4. I want a nice overdrive during a solo, with delay
    5. And halfway the solo there's also a wah needed.
    etc.

For this I need to occupy 4/5 pedals within bank 1 to achieve that. And that's just for one song. Count me in for a number of songs like that and I'm running out of pedals....
    So this is not flexible.

I can't find a way to set some different needed amps (clean / overdrive) set and store them with needed fx and, while live on stage, switch on/off the needed settings. I even don't know if I ask too much. I do know my Line6 Vetta + FBV longboard could do it all but the soundquality of course can't compete with the KPA. So how to get the best of both worlds? I can't go buying every possible midicontroller for trying out.

• So far I only scratched the surface in Browser mode. Plenty of time needed there.
    Could you explain how to control my random example in Performance mode with my controller (if possible anyway)

• theplayer,

Obviously, this may be a silly question...but is there any reason you are beholden to your midi controller? Why not just get the Kemper Remote controller? Seems like it will do exactly what you are looking for, yes?

Or is it a matter of delivery lead-time / availability for the Kemper Remote?

Edited once, last by Tritium ().

• The FC-300 will do all that. I can set is all up in one rig, can switch to CC mode on the fly and then add or delete Mods, Stomps, etc and then jump back to patch mode when the songs over. That's a lot of toe tapping though, I pretty much set up each bank of 5 with the same amp type, 1 being clean with chorus, 2 being higher gain for rhythm, 3 being for solos, 4 solos with a big delay and 5 for special effects. My left expression pedal is a volume pedal with the toe switch activating a solo boost and the right expression pedal is almost always my wah with the toe switch turning it on and off, I can use the right expression pedal as a whammy or gain pedal too with CTL 2 activating it.

• Booyah, that seems to be a good alternative for my FC 200. Also pricey but cheaper than the Kemper midi controller and still coming with 2 pedals! I will go out for this one but certainly will need help in understanding how it is programmed for this matter.
    Thanks!

• Just holler when you get it I'd be happy to help. Thanks for the thread, it got me thinking and now I have a new plan to get the pedal setup better for a particular song.