Remote and mission expression pedal for wah question

• Used my remote this past gig for the first time and love it. I brought a wah as well. Thinking about going the expression pedal route to even simplify my set up even more. So my question is, do I need to get the Mission expression pedal with the switch to be used with the remote. I read that the remote doesn't support the switch yet, so should I just get a regular expression pedal? Does the expression pedal work so that wah is engaged as soon at I move the pedal or will I have to step on the remote and engage the wah stomp? As much knowledge as I have about gear, I have no experience with expression pedals. Thanks.

• You don't need a switch to turn the wah on and off. You can choose from the below automatic on/off options:

Bypass @ Stop
    Wah Pedal is active. The stomp effect will be smoothly faded in when you start moving the pedal, and smoothly faded out when you stop moving it.

Bypass @ Heel
    Wah Pedal is active. The stomp effect will smoothly fade out when you park the pedal at the heel position

Bypass @ Toe
    Wah Pedal is active. The stomp effect will smoothly fade out when you park the pedal at the toe position

• The Mission pedal works great for me. I have 3 wah's ( Morley,Dunlop & a fantastic MSD Silver Machine ) and I haven't used any of them since I set up the Mission with the Kemper.

• I got caught with the filter thing the first time I used it live...so I just turned the stomp off and re-set it later.

I just use it for wah really and not as a filter , but it works equally well for both.

• Here is my setup. I use the mission ep1 with the switch. Expression connected to pedal 3 of the remote with a stereo cable. Integratet switch of the mission connected to pedal 4 of the remote with a mono patch cable. Expressin is setted to wah wich i have always in stomp D of the kpa. Its on and the function is setted to bypass@stop. The switch of the mission is setted to
    switch switch stomp D on/off. Setted wah to volume because i use the wah as a volume pedal when i seitch it of with the integrated mission switch.
    So i have 2 pedals in one.
    very comfortable.
    cheers
    Frank

• Hello, new Kemper fanboy here. (Playing guitar over 50 years, vintage tube ampes, etc., and never had a sound even close to this good.)

My question is: If you have to carry a pedal anyway, why use an expression pedal instead of a real wah? I have the same question about volume pedals.

• Hello, new Kemper fanboy here. (Playing guitar over 50 years, vintage tube ampes, etc., and never had a sound even close to this good.)

My question is: If you have to carry a pedal anyway, why use an expression pedal instead of a real wah? I have the same question about volume pedals.

Welcome.
    The answer is You can do a lot more with an expression pedal than only volume and wah.
    You can do pedal pitch as well and with FW4 you can morph virtually any parameter per pedal.

• Hello, new Kemper fanboy here.

Welcome and enjoy the Kemper with its possibility to control almost an unlimit amount of Parameters with an one expression Pedal. :)

BTW: I also started 50 years ago to play guitar and almost as long I know my wife - and still I like them :D

• Does anybody know, if the Mission-Engineering Pedal has a latched or momentary OUT 2 Switch.
    We're just examining a Problem with the looper functions when using a Mission-Pedal for switching.

• Thank you, guys. I read the thread where DonPeterson asked for people with rare wahs to send a white noise signal through them and send him the output, after which he could model the responses and provide Kemper wah settings to match. Whoa. One expression pedal for every great wah known to man!

I think I get it now...

Along with the reasons Ingolf provided, another nice feature of using the expression pedal is that it'll save you from having to run another long cable on stage (which, depending on the cable length, can cause tone loss and introduce noise to your signal).

For example: If you had a wah on stage and your Kemper behind you near an amp or whatever, you'd plug a cable from your guitar to the wah, then run another cable to the Kemper. Whereas with an expression pedal, you just plug a cable from your guitar straight to the Kemper, and use a TRS cable to connect the expression pedal to the Kemper Controller. Your guitar tone doesn't actually pass through the TRS cable (just signals). So instead of having 2 long cables, you're only dealing with 1. The fewer long cables you can use, the stronger and cleaner your signal will be. For me, I use a nice wireless which I leave in the rack with my Kemper. So the longest cable I use in my entire signal chain is about 1 foot long. I go from the wireless, directly to the input of my Kemper. Then, up front, I have my Kemper controller with expression pedals. Even with my effects loop of the Kemper, I don't have any cables more than 6 inches long. I keep my pedals stored in my rack and connect them to the loop of the Kemper from there.