What Comes with Remote

• All, After being stuck in shipping for 23 days I finally received my remote today. Arrived intact and no damage. But the only thing in the box is the remote. Is one supposed to get a connecting cable, manual?? Is the cable a standard CAT5 cable? I'd like to use the d@mn thing after waiting nearly a month since ready to ship.

Edited once, last by RobT ().

• @RobT Wow! Kemper Quality Control had better take a close look into this one for you.

Granted you could use another CAT5 type cable and download the instructions in the interim, but there's no reason you shouldn't have received everything you paid and waited so patiently for.

Happy Kemper

• Yes, there should have been the cable and manual. I really feel for you as I know what frustration you've been through....almost as if a rain cloud has been following you. Let the Kemper people know...I'm sure they'll get you the missing components.

There must be some middle men with these remotes that are causing the problems we are seeing.

The key to everything is patience.
    You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.
    -- Arnold H. Glasow

If it doesn't produce results, don't do it.

-- Me

• All, Thanks. Yeah I've just resigned myself that this is just going to be "One of those" purchases. I'm sure you all have had them at sometime or another. To top it off, I had to head out of town this weekend and wasn't going to be able to be at my house for the delivery. But I went online midweek last week on the UPS website and arranged to hold the remote at the UPS shipping location which is about 25 miles south of my house but since I was heading by that place on my way back it wouldn't be a problem. I get to the UPS place and give them my name address, "Nothing! Nada! I told them I just checked it last night and it was waiting for pickup. NOPE! Someone screwed up and put it on the truck by mistake, so delivery was attempted and of course I wasn't home I was at the friggin' UPS terminal.

So I asked if could be delivered to my house tomorrow. Yes but I have to go online and release the hold at shipping facility but since it was so close it may or may not be take and it might get held at the shipping facility or it might be out on the truck again. I asked UPS person. "Can't you go in and release the hold? No can do!. At this point I felt like a character actor in a Seinfeld episode. Fortunately they gave me the cell number of the UPS driver who handles my area and I arranged to meet him and of course he was 15 miles in the other direction (north) from my house. I live in a rural area so the UPS drivers out here cover a lot of ground. What a cluster!

I did have few short lengths of CAT5 cable and at least the remote works, I guess, I'll have to file a warranty claim to get the connection cable.

The one amusing part was the paper invoice on the box says "UPS Expedited". I'm just glad they didn't ship it standard or normal, by the time I received it Kemper 3 would be out. Thanks all.

• If you're in the US they are coming from Colorado. You know what they legalized. :)

lol

Anyhow..RobT, I feel for you, man. I'm thinking that I'm probably headed down the same path. I was scheduled for Aril 6th and my order hasn't even been processed yet. I've got a ways to go before I even get to "ready to ship" purgatory.

• Mountainman, Thanks. I sent an email to support a short while ago. I should have checked this website before sending. Anyway, the remote works fine using a plain jane Cat5 cable and I'm very pleased with the quality of the product and ease of use. rob

• Mountainman, Thanks. I sent an email to support a short while ago. I should have checked this website before sending. Anyway, the remote works fine using a plain jane Cat5 cable and I'm very pleased with the quality of the product and ease of use. rob

Glad to hear, I need to get some Cat5 cable as a backup for my cord that came with the Remote. One thing I dig about the Remote cable is that it has a locking ring like a mic cable on the remote end. Just seems a little heavier duty than a regular cat 5 cable.

• Glad to hear, I need to get some Cat5 cable as a backup for my cord that came with the Remote. One thing I dig about the Remote cable is that it has a locking ring like a mic cable on the remote end. Just seems a little heavier duty than a regular cat 5 cable.

You can order a Neutrik plug like this
    http://www.thomann.de/de/neutrik_ne_8_mc.htm
    and put it over the Remote end of the Cat5 cable. It's plug&play, so to say, and voila, there's your spare cable. ;)

• Everything is good. Cable and manual on the way and the remote is working fine. Very pleased with the ability to use the tuner function i.e. I was too far away from the Kemper to see the onboard tuner clearly. I'm one of those guys who probably only uses 2-3 profiles and in fact, I mostly play clean fingerstyle jazz chord melody on a nylon string. It wasn't the case when I bought the Kemper 3 years ago but it is now. The remote might be a bit of an overkill for my use but I have several clean profiles set up for the particular guitar e.g. archtop, classical etc and I like the ability to just switch via the foot pedal. Its a well thought out pedal and I'm looking forward to Kemper adding additional features. I'm also pleased with the looper function. I used it a bunch today to improvise over basic II-V-1 changes and was very satisfied with the ease of use. I probably won't use it for performance but as a sharpen your chops device its great.

PS: Thanks Ingolf for the tip on the connector. Going to pick up some flat CAT5E so I can place it under the rug in my music room

• [quote='RobT','http://www.kemper-amps.com/forum/index.php/Thread/19889-What-Comes-with-Remote/?postID=219041&#post219041']All, After being stuck in shipping for 23 days I finally received my remote today. Arrived intact and no damage. But the only thing in the box is the remote. Is one supposed to get a connecting cable, manual?? Is the cable a standard CAT5 cable? I'd like to use the d@mn thing after waiting nearly a month since ready to ship.
    [/quote]............SAME here, had to drive 40 miles round trip to pickup from ups ,(a signature was required, & I was on the road trucking) I smashed the hell out of my left thumb (night before), so I didn't even open the box til today (tues), the box was in almost perfect shape , BUT NO CABLE OR MANUAL WTF , now I get to runaround looking for a cable, I live in a small town, no big music stores closer than 55 miles away one way, oh well , I really cant play for a while till my thumb quits hurting(the nail turned purple almost instantly, the hazards of working on hot rods.....

• [quote='RobT','http://www.kemper-amps.com/forum/index.php/Thread/19889-What-Comes-with-Remote/?postID=219041&#post219041']All, After being stuck in shipping for 23 days I finally received my remote today. Arrived intact and no damage. But the only thing in the box is the remote. Is one supposed to get a connecting cable, manual?? Is the cable a standard CAT5 cable? I'd like to use the d@mn thing after waiting nearly a month since ready to ship.
    [/quote]............SAME here, had to drive 40 miles round trip to pickup from ups ,(a signature was required, & I was on the road trucking) I smashed the hell out of my left thumb (night before), so I didn't even open the box til today (tues), the box was in almost perfect shape , BUT NO CABLE OR MANUAL WTF , now I get to runaround looking for a cable, I live in a small town, no big music stores closer than 55 miles away one way, oh well , I really cant play for a while till my thumb quits hurting(the nail turned purple almost instantly, the hazards of working on hot rods.....

Sorry to hear about that! At least it's a simple cat5 cable that you can get anywhere that has computer stuff, Walmart, Target, Home Depot, Staples, Office Depot, ect. I bought an extra one the other day in a shorter length to use at home.

Russ