My Live Setup - you may get some ideas from this

• Ok, been a Kemper Guy for over three years. Thought I'd detail my live setup because there are a few things that may give you an idea or two. Or you may just marvel at what an idiot I am. Either way is valid :)

I usually play PRS and Anderson guitars. They go into a Line6 G50 Wireless so I can walk around front of house and see what my guitar sounds like through the mains.

I'm currently using a Remote and three expression pedals - a Ernie Ball VPJr pedal for volume, set for rhythm volumes when pulled all the way back, and floored is for leads or making a part jump out. I prefer using a pedal for this because it's more like a fader being slid up and down at the board. My volume is placed before FX so if I'm doing a solo or a part I want to stick out, then when I go back to rhythm volume that last delay/reverb tail is still loud and masks the transition even more. I prefer the Ernie Ball style pedal over the plastic expression pedals or even the 'wah' style expression pedals because it has a longer and smoother throw and just feels better. Try one, you'll like it. I rewired mine internally with a short cable, same for my roland pedals so I don't have a bunch of extra cabling everywhere.

Neat setup trick you may not be aware of - under Rig and settings for the volume control, click on 'lock vol' in the upper left. This will allow you to set up your volume pedal one time and not have to set it with every patch. Very helpful.

I'm going to switch to all Ernie Ball pedals eventually, right now I'm making do with a couple of Roland pedals that control wah and pitch shift. Wah activates when the pedal is moved, and turns off when the pedal is stopped. Pitch shift only comes on if I have it turned on with a patch.

Presets on my remote are set up by performance, and by gain left to right. So far left is always the cleanest sounds, far right is the dirtiest/highest gain.

I have the main outs of my Kemper going to front of house - one band runs a stereo PA, other runs mono. My output for monitor goes to an Alto TS10 powered speaker, and I can adjust it's volume from the Kemper without affecting what I send to front of house/PA.

• Pretty similar to what I do with expression pedal setup and bank/gain structuring, glad I'm not the only idiot out there haha! I'll check out the EB pedals, never considered myself much of a wah player, maybe I just don't have the right pedal. Ditched my G50 wireless for a Sennheiser rack mount, it just didn't hold up and Line6 support stunk up the whole issue.

• I leave the EQ flat on both. Usually soundguys just take my signal as is, a few slightly sculpt it if we're in an environment where it would help. I always go out front of house and see what it sounds like through the mains on a soundcheck just to be sure.

Alto I'm using is the TS110A. It has an angle built into the cab so you can use it as a wedge. I don't think it would be a great PA speaker, but for guitar it's great. Just my opinion but a lot of others like it too. I keep debating on buying a CLR or something 'better' but I've used mine for right at 3 years in all sorts of environments for 1-6 gigs a month. Been reliable, cheap and lightweight/small.

If you live near a Guitar Center, almost all of them stock the Alto. Check one out first. That's how I started using one - took my Kemper to a GC and auditioned a ton of small wedges.