Strange metallic ringing sound

• Hello everyone
    I have seem to have a really prominent ringing sound when playing through a cab that I only get with the kemper and not with a valve amp.
    I must clarify its only really bad on a few profiles but is present to a lesser extent on all profiles it seems. I'm using a non powered toaster with a Ambrosi amp fitted.
    So before I submit a support ticket has any one else had a similar issue.

• I had the same issue. It sounds like an internal feedback loop or like a high pitched digital ring. I got my Kemper to stop this by pulling back the High Shift on the cabinet just a little (-.7)

“When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.”

• I have had the same thing happen but thought it was because I had a tube head on top of my cab and the head was rattling. Going to try it without the tube head on top.

• Yeah it sounds exactly like a digital ring or feedback. If multiple people are having the same issue I'll fill out a support ticket. I'm running it through a cab so I don't know if the high shift thing would work.

• From what you describe this sounds exactly like the ring that comes from behind the nut of the guitar or from behind the bridge.
    This also drove me crazy for a while.

See this video from good old Fluff:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

There are several solutions for that.
    From sophisticated solutions like the one in the video or the Gruv Gear FretWraps to easy one like duct tape or foam or rubber or what ever.

You can try to put your fingers on the strings behind the nut.
    If this sound is gone, then its this problem.

It has nothing to do with the kemper, just a pure guitar related problem.
    Can be different on every guitar.

• Thanks for tip but it's not the same sound because I know the sound you are describing. This is a very prominent sound and not like a back ground noise, it's the same amplitude as everything else.

• Hello everyone
    I have seem to have a really prominent ringing sound when playing through a cab that I only get with the kemper and not with a valve amp.
    I must clarify its only really bad on a few profiles but is present to a lesser extent on all profiles it seems. I'm using a non powered toaster with a Ambrosi amp fitted.
    So before I submit a support ticket has any one else had a similar issue.

Are you using a large frequency boost with the EQ?

Which profiles have the biggest problem? Are any of them Factory or Free profiles that other people can test?

• I'm not using any boosts or any changes to the eq on the main offender which is my jcm800 profile that's available on the rig exchange. Just search Tom South and it's the non boosted profile, the other jcm800 profile of mine has a blackstar boost in front. There is one other profile that it was really prominent on but I can't remember which one and that was a commercial profil. All the other profiles I have seem to have a strange noise in the back ground but not as bad as the jcm800 profile. Like I said I'll record a sound clip tomorrow so everyone can hear it.

• The sound to me is like a old broken light bulb when you shake it. I think I was getting it on one of Ola's profiles. I'm going to plug in and search for the affected profiles.

• None of my guitars have a tremolo, both have a dampit similar to the one shown in the posted video; and the sound existed. What I noticed is the sound generates from a distortion stomp.

For example if I have a rig with a gain at 7, and then add the green scream to stomp D for a little push. The ring will start when you stop playing. My noise gate setting is at 7 and I am even using a 4:1 gate in the A Stomp. It is gated and there is no feedback, but you can hear a high pitched digital feedback signal.

My overdrive settings are minimal; drive is at .9, tone is at -3, and volume is at 2.7. Of course you turn the green scream off and the ring stops. So in order to fix this I turned the high shift on the cabinet down slightly and now the ring is gone. I can even run the volume up more in the green scream and it still does not start the ringing.

p.s. All of my cables are fine, they are made by BTPA and they are correct. No LED input or output lights are clipping. My clean sense is at 0 and Distortion sense is at 3.

• The sound to me is like a old broken light bulb when you shake it. I think I was getting it on one of Ola's profiles. I'm going to plug in and search for the affected profiles.

Excellent description. I had this issue with POD HD, but never with the Kemper! Weird...

• So I've raised a ticket and recorded the sound which i will link here.

The sound isn't as prominent in the recording as it is in real life but its there and you get the idea on what i mean by what I'm describing.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I can hear it, but it is not the same as the digital feedback sound I was getting on my rig. Let me think about and see what I can suggest.