Official Victory Amps released!

• We are thrilled to finally release...

[Blocked Image: http://www.theampfactory.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/Mailshot-Victory.jpg]

As per usual, we have released some demo rigs under the "Free stuff" section on the website, so head there first if you wish too.

Although Profiled under FW 3.0 - these are normal Studio Profiles, (Merged/DI will come later) due to a request, we cannot release them now, and therefore need to respect that wish.

Would love to hear your thoughts & comments.

Welcome to the Victory Family!

Enjoy!

• Just got to say, Andy's organised the profiles in a great way this time. Sometimes I don't know where to start when I get a long list of hundreds of profiles, but this time he's made folders for LP, strat and tele, to use as jumping off points. It makes things a lot more welcoming and less daunting. It probably also means there'll be a lot more keepers, as sometimes I've disregarded profiles in the past because they didn't work with the particular guitar I was playing at the time, but might have been more appropriate for one of the others. GREAT work!

Cheggers-plays-pop,
    Sam

• As the very lucky chap who got to do the audio demo's and here these profiles before hand ...I have to say they were some of the most ' playable' profiles do date I used a Nashville Tele for most of them and I just wanted to play big riffs al night long the crunch tones in particular were just lovely my particular faves were the V30 and V10 ... I to loved the fact that they were organised into tele ,Strat ,Lp, Metal and FX folders .....you get a LOT of lovely tones for your buck ;)

• Thanks guys. :)

Its indeed a great set. my new way or organizing things too is nice. - My intention was just to shoot them strait with whatever guitar I had at the time. - but the opportunity was too good to miss with all 3 guitars.. so I added all 3!. - some profiles really sing with each guitar, so now you have the choice. - there is a big difference I think between a correctly made rig for a style of guitar than an incorrect one and needing to tweek. - this way the groundwork is done for you.. you can take that as your open canvas..sure, it takes 3 times as long, but the end results speak for themselves. there is a level of quality to these that was missing perhaps before.

To echo what MillStudios said, these amps just get me playing more and more. and are really in danger of becoming my all time favorites.

Enjoy! :)

• I was really surprised by how nice the cleans are ( with amp compression added in of course :) ) Also, thanks for just putting reverb on them and nothing else , makes them very easy to tweak and preview without any confusion.

I'm trying the LP ones with my Govan Suhr and they seem to fit nicely ...some of the cleans a little bright to my ear in the upper register but may just be my pups.Easily fixed....

My search for my perfect clean tone may finally be over ..Well done Andy :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

• A serious release to accompany my serious gas! I'll definitely be picking these ones up - I was on the verge of getting a Cornford before I got the KPA and Martin Kidd's amps always demand serious attention (and Gas...)

Suhr Classic Pro, Fender deluxe Strat & Baja Tele, Gibson ES335, Ibanez S Prestige 2170FW, Eastman AR371CE, Variax JTV > KPA > Patch bay inc. Strymons (Mobius, Timeline, Blue Sky), H9 Max, TC Triple Delay, & POD HD500 > Adam A7Xs

• I have a Cornford Mk50 MK2 that I bought new from Paul & Martin and I haven't even plugged it in since I got the KPA.....I dealt with Martin when I ordered it / getting it and I have to say he was a gent and great to deal with

• Still playing free Victory profiles,thanks Andy , and find them stunning !
    Will buy full pack for sure.
    LP, Strat and Tele profiles are REALLY LP, Strat and Tele -this is amazing !
    I have only Strat , but my another few guitars (Tom Anderson) can sound like a LP and Tele and beyond .
    Another , very ,very interesting findings is that treble (E,B G) strings (on all of my 6 guitars) are sounding more defined , louder and separated than on any other profile or real amp I had tried before.
    Usually , on both real amps and all the rest of profiles ,including rest of the TAF ptofiles, bass strings are sounding bigger and more defined , where treble strings are simply covered and pushed on the side of the mix by bass ones, if you know what I mean , especially when strumming chords with some distortion in .
    In the case of Victory profiles, I can clearly hear G, B and especially E treble string very loud, defined , with lots of fricking sustain , while bas strings , even still well defined and loud - do not over run treble strings in the mix .

This is like I have two different pick ups, one for treble and one , with lower output for bass strings.

Did anyone noticed the same thing ???

(It is so obvious that I played with pick ups height adjustment for a while , thinking something is wrong with pups setup .)

PS
    Question for Andy : does the real Victory amp sound like that as well(in regards of string separation described above) ?

1988 Branko Radulovic Hand Made Strat in Macedonia (SFRJ)

2006 Steve Vai vwh moded with SS frets and Sustainac 2006 (Japan)

2008 Fender YJM , moded (USA)

2010 Tom Andersons Drop Top 2010 (made in California)

2017 Charvel GG sig Caramelised Ash (USA)

2022 Gibson ES 335 2011 Custom Shop Cherry of course ( Memphis)

Edited 4 times, last by Rescator ().

• Hey res, firstly thanks for the great feedback.

Victory amps, have a upmost clarity to them that other amps don't seem to have, (apart from a few others) - the sound is very well defined, in its poweramp stage when pushed too. so that's a normal thing there. - I especially notice this with my strat, where I can finger-pick on a drive setting and still retain clarity, as with other amps it becomes a noise at times.

The amps produce some nice overtones, that the profiles did pickup up on some, but not others, meaning the rest you hear in the room rather than via a mic, pretty normal stuff though. - the harmonic content is all here, and its great with these amps. (especially the V40).

The amps shine at the Rock Genre though, they can easy do the modded marshall thing easy. - but it cleans up a lot nicer, and as suggested, it holds its clarity better. - using the volume knob alone can generate some rather exciting content. (with some of the V amps anyway).

I knew I would like them, as I liked Cornford amps. - but I did'nt relaise I'd like them THIS much!. - they have already been tried at tested successfully in a few records Ive done here at studio, and also in nashville..

I think you will enjoy the richness, and fullness but without the muddy aftertones. - this set sort of has it all with the range.. so gear up, prepare and play!

Enjoy!

(Sorry I relasized I went of the path there a bit, ha!)

• Yeah, thanks for answer Andy .
    I was wondered why Guthrie left Conford, and switch to Victory amps.
    Now I know !
    Here is Guthrie checking out my Red Tom Anderson ,few years ago,.... what an artist and amazing personality , so humble and pleasant character ..
    (sorry for changing a subject , but Guthrie is probably the most known Victory amp user...)

[Blocked Image: http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm38/Zormar/Guthrie%20Govan%20at%20Joburg/IMG_6801.jpg]

• Yeah he is a big victory fan, Ive met him a few times, he is a nice lad,... far far too much talent, and a bit rude of him not to share it with me... but that's a different story!..

He sort of half designed the v30.. - the v50 was his previous stage amp, but found it hard on flyaway rigs. - so he helped victory tweek the v50 into a smaller package with a few tonal tweeks to boot.

I like the red btw.. not one of andersons main colours.. custom?

• The Anderson doesn't look that dis-similar to his ex signature Suhr in a lot of ways !

Guthrie went from playing a PRS into a Cornford , onto a Suhr through a Cornford , then a Suhr into a Suhr amp and now on to onto a Charvel into a Victory

• @Andy : yes it is a custom colour , my version of existing Sweet & Sour Sauce Red top
    Robman: yes, Anderson and sure guitars are very similar in generally , difference is in small details