Adding capability to update Firmware and perform system Backup/Restores using Rig Manager and the USB-A to USB-B connection

• Hello Kemper technicians and employees. Here is a Feature Request that hopefully might be implemented with next Firmware update, or Rig Manager Software update...

This is a copy of a post I made in the "Rig Manager - Librarian Software" sub forum. A couple of members encouraged me to ask this formally, as a Feature Request:

--------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,
    New Kemper Power Rack owner here.

I apologize in advance if this subject question has been asked and answered on other threads. I did do a search, both on the Kemper User Forum, as well as on Google, but couldn't find anything on this topic.

I have also read the all the manuals, including the Rig Manager user manual that is available within the program, itself. I couldn't find an answer to this question

Anyways, I was having some difficulty in getting a brand new SanDisk USB 3.0 Flash drive to work on both my KPA, as well as my Windows 7 Laptop. Even though the KPA formatted the drive, my laptop refused to recognize the Flash drive...and believe me, I tried everything. Eventually, I found an older, legacy USB 2.0 Flash Drive that I had lying around, and I was able to get it formatted on the KPA, and my laptop was able to read the drive. I also made a backup of the KPA on the flash drive, and will be installing the lastest firmware (3.02) later this afternoon.

However, with all the trouble I had with the USB Flash drive, and concern for future compatibility problems if this older Flash drive gives up the ghost, I was wondering...
    Is there is any way to do backups, restores, as well as updating the KPA Firmware directly using Rig Manager and the USB-A to USB-B cable / interface between my laptop and the KPA?

I have a feeling the answer is no, but I thought I would ask.

Thanks in advance for any and all replies, help and suggestions.

Cheers,
    John

---------------------------------------------------------------