Local Library Disappeared From Rig Manager & Rig Manager 1.3.1 Not Opening

• Hi All,

All of a sudden my Local Library is no longer showing up in Rig Manager. I am running V1.3.10787 on Windows 7. It was there last week but then now it has disappeared. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

• Now Rig Manager won't even open!

I get a pop up that says "RigManager will quit now due to software condition which cannot be recovered." Then I have to send a Debug Log to [email protected].

What the heck?!?!?!?

It was working last Thursday, April 9th.

How does this happen all of a sudden?

I literally had hundreds of paid profiles. Now I have no way of using them with Rig Manager.

Really disappointed in all of this right now....

• Hello !
    You can check in the "C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Kemper Amps\RigManager " directory to find and backup your database and your paid profiles if you are lucky enough. Then reinstall RM. Good luck !

• Hello !
    You can check in the "C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Kemper Amps\RigManager " directory to find and backup your database and your paid profiles if you are lucky enough. Then reinstall RM. Good luck !

Thankfully I have all my paid profiles backed up on a USB drive.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Rig Manager multiple times but now I cannot even get Rig Manager to open.

In the meantime I installed Rig Manager on my Macbook and it is works just fine. I would like to get it fixed on my PC though because that is the main computer in my music room.

I am going to send a support ticket to Kemper every couple days until this gets resolved because it seems that more than one person might be having this issue.

• Thanks to this thread (http://www.kemper-amps.com/for…er-does-not-open-anymore/), I was able to get Rig Manager to work again on my PC.

I had to slightly modify the post from timo. This is what I did:

-Found folder: C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Kemper Amps\
    (note: the AppData folder might be a hidden folder in your Windows Explorer)
    -Delete Kemper Amps folder
    -Restart the Rig Manager

This essentially brought me back to step one, so I had to re-import all my profiles again. A small inconvenience but not as inconvenient as not have Rig Manager working.

I hope this can help any other users who might have issues in the future.

• Just had the same issue as this. Instead of deleting the entire folder I just moved the files out of the root of the Kemper Amps folder into a new folder, I left the backups and local library where they were. When RM loaded up and all my rigs were there.Hope this helps someone else out. My guess is that one of the databases is getting corrupted.

• Just had the same issue as this. Instead of deleting the entire folder I just moved the files out of the root of the Kemper Amps folder into a new folder, I left the backups and local library where they were. When RM loaded up and all my rigs were there.Hope this helps someone else out. My guess is that one of the databases is getting corrupted.

Thanks for that tip. It is probably better since you don't have to start back from the beginning.

For those who are interested, here is the response I got from Kemper:

Dear Geese_com,

Please perform the following steps. As a result, Rig Manager will create a fresh database and consequently sync again with Profiler. In a later step we ask you to send us a Zip archive with your damaged, old database. Analyzing the file might help us to learn more about your issue and improve Rig Manager. We cannot repair the database though.
    For Windows users:

- Locate the following directory: C:\Users\#username#\AppData\Local\Kemper Amps\RigManager The directory might be hidden by default.

- Quit Rig Manager is applicable
    - Zip the entire content of the directory and attach it to a reply to this mail
    - Delete the following two files: “.RigExchange.db" and ".KPA#serial#.db” (where #serial# is the serial number of your Profiler). Both files are hidden by default.
    - Open Rig Manager and see, if your issue persists

• Just happened to me as well.
    I tried what XpennoKPA wrote, and it didn't work -
    I get no local library and not even the option of opening one.

Luckily, i exported everything when i first found this thread yesterday...

"But dignity is difficult to maintain
    stamina requires constant upkeep
    repetition is boring
    and you pay for grace."