Line6 M5 as KPA midi foot controller

• International flights being ever so punishing, we as a band had to reduce weight and cargo to an absolute minumum.
    From a fully programmed and stomp savvy GroundControlPro we were forced to use a Line6 M5 as a midi foot conrtoller.
    24 patches only, though. And since we use it for most delays wahs and fx anyways, due to its amazing use of CC for multiple parameters, it is working wonders.
    Mission L6 pedal for CC. will use the GCP for a show this week then the M5 next week for a flyaway show. photos of both setups and profiled amps tocome soon.

• Is there a "tutorial" on this topic somewhere, how to set it up etc.?
    Just received my kemper this weekend (extremely satisfied), and i was hoping i could use my M5 or M9 to switch rigs on the Kemper.

• glad to help.

the M5 sends only program change # from 1 to 24, so what i did was to make a setlist and name each song / patch on the M5 and assign the appropiate midi patch # to each rig on the kemper in browse mode.

Ran a midi cable from the out on the M5 to the in on the Kemper.

Now i can scroll then select 24 rigs on the Kemper and their name shos on the M5 screen (thos has to be done manually)

Did this answer help you?