First ever Gig coming up - any advice

• Haha. Never would have guessed English wasn't your first.

Nothing kinky at all…. it's just that any gig I can arrive at less than 2 hours early is very rare. ;)

I did see a band a couple of years ago where the lead guitar player showed up 10 minutes before the band started, with his guitar under one arm and a Pod under the other…he was ready to play in about 3 minutes. Even had time for a quick cigarette!

Did I say something kinky without knowing? English is not my first language. Should it be "earlier"?

• Only thing I'd say is to make sure that your profiles are levelled ....maybe use a phone app decibel checker to monitor volumes at home with your gig profiles

Also, if you're going through a PA make sure and pan one XLR full left and the other full right....hook your monitor up from monitor out and make sure you know how to access it quickly so you can adjust quickly during the gig if needs be ...... and .be ready for the sound guy to go ' WOW THAT'S THE BEST GUITAR SOUND IVE HEARD IN AGES!!!!!' :D

• Tune up your guitar a few times and if possible let it sit on a stand on stage before you come on. This will let the guitar get acclimatised to the stage temp. When you come on a quick tune up and you're away. Never tuneup in a cooler room and go onstage because the lights (if you have any) and the heat will turn those strings into rubber bands in an instant. I would never advise putting on fresh strings just before you go on unless you're a very experienced player for the same reasons.
    Although it's very tempting, try not to look at your guitar the whole time. Look the audience in the eye. Rehearse as much as you can and don't be afraid to bring any little notes,prompts,lyrics with you.
    If you lose your place completely then smile and mime along until you pick up again!
    If you suffer badly from nerves then try to play while your heart is beating faster by running around for a few minutes and then play. This will get you used to that sensation. Then you can learn how to control it.
    g

You're damned if you do and damned if you don't

• One thing that wasn't already recommended:
    I always bring two USB sticks.
    - one with a backup.
    - one with the latest OS in the root folder in case something very bad happens and the OS gets corrupted.
    (Don't get me wrong, I'm very confident in the profiler, it's just a case of 'just in case'). ;)