Hopefully a ridiculously easy question for you KPA experts -- saving a profile (rig) from USB Flash drive to the KPA

• Hi folks,

I expect this is a stupid question, but hopefully you will cut a new KPA owner a bit of slack :P

By the way, I have read the Basic and Reference manuals cover to cover, every which way to Sunday. But I couldn't find a specific answer to this question.

Part A) I have downloaded a few profiles from Rig Exchange. Now, if I want to import them onto my Power Rack using my USB flash drive, I assume I that I am to save these profiles to the "Shared" Folder on the USB drive...yes?

Part B) Is there a way to "force" the import of these new profiles so that they are automatically and directly stored to my "Favorites" folder on the KPA? Otherwise, they are going to get lost in the "All Rigs" pool. I am hoping to save a few steps, and circumvent having to find them in the "All Rigs" browse pool, and then having to manually assign each of them, individually, as "Favorites". It would be awesome if there was a way to import them directly to my "Favorites" folder on my KPA.

Unrelated question --

When I am on the main display, showing a specific rig, and I turn the "Type" knob, I get the drop down box showing "All Rigs", "Favorites", "Non-Favorites", etc. However, if I don't hit a button within 2-3 seconds, the drop down list disappears, and I have to turn the "Type" knob again, to see the different folders. Is there a way to keep this drop down menu open, and prevent it from collapsing, so I have time to decide what folder I want to access?

Thanks in advance for any and all replies and help.

By the way, I am not at my KPA right now, as it is beddy-bye time. However, I just thought of these questions, which came up during my last session this afternoon...and thought I would ask.

Cheers, all.
    John

• Hi John,

from the Reference Manual 3.0, page 129/130:

You can either transfer these rigs from your Mac or PC to your Profiler using our Rig Manager application or use
    your dedicated USB stick. In this case please copy the Rigs to the directory called “Shared” on your USB stick. Next,
    plug the USB stick into the USB slot of your Profiler and switch to Browse Mode. Then press the soft button “External
    Storage.” You will be presented with an option to import the content. Importing the content will merge the new data
    with your existing Rigs, Performances, Presets, and Snapshots.

Import and export functions are only available in Browse Mode.

Choose "Last Imported" view by using either the TYPE knob or soft button 1 to focus on the newly imported Rigs.

To flag the Rigs as favorites either:

Push the Rig button for about two seconds on the Play Screen.
    Push soft button 2 “Favorite” in the Rig menu.

Using our Rig Manager application offers a convenient way to import and organize your Rigs.

You can scroll slowly by using the TYPE knob soft button 1 to keep the drop down open.

HTH
    Helge

• Ah, thanks so much, Helge. I completely over-looked the fact that I could view "Last Imported". That will do the trick. From there, I can assign them to my Favorites folder.

Thanks for the reply and excellent advice.

Cheers,
    John

• As for the disappearing drop-down menu, try with the arrow buttons while it's open. I'm far from my Profiler ATM but it works for preventing other menus to close, so it's worth a try :)