Splawn Quick Rod and Matching Cab profiles - 12 Studio and Matching DI's.

• Here are the profiles that I did with Tim Owens from the "Have Amp Will Profile" threads. Tim did the "heavy lifting" though...

They are all on the Rig Exchange. 12 Studio and matching DI profiles. All 3 gears with both Gain 1 & 2, Clean and Boosted. Cab is an oversized Splawn 2x12 with Celestion Creamback 65's. To my knowledge these are THE only Low B+ Quick Rod profiles with the Creamback loaded Splawn cab available.

Here is a direct link if you don't feel like using the Rig Exchange.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q9v6…ilOwens_Quickrod.zip?dl=0

If you DO want to use Rig Exchange, just search for "JerEvil". Hope you dig them.

Here is a quick clip showing the Quick Rod profiles with and without boosts.

The amp was on Gear 1, OD 1 with gain at 9:00. The boosts were just to add a little more grit. The Coven one sounds better with a guitar tuned real low but I like how these came out. Straight profiles on this.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

These sounds are Gear 1 OD2 and Gear 3 OD1

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

To clarify the naming convention:
    JerEvil QR G1 OD1 = JerEvil Quick Rod Gear 1 Overdrive 1
    JerEvil QR G3 OD2 = JerEvil Quick Rod Gear 3 Overdrive 2

The Splawn has 2 drive settings on each Gear so I wanted to capture both. There is definitely a difference in feel between the 2.

Edited 2 times, last by JerEvil ().

• Thanks for making and sharing these. I quickly recorded a few riffs using some of your profiles, straight out of the box, no tweaking. I really enjoy the Creamback 65 speakers. Great profiles! :thumbup:

Here is some noodling with the QR G3 OD2 profile. Pretty much as on the RE, except for the added Delay/Reverb from the KPA.

• WOW! I wish I could give this MORE than 1 "like"! Sounds great and tasty lead playing! Accept, Queensryche and Ozzy... these are exactly the types of songs I play and tones I go for. So glad you are enjoying them.

• Holy Cow, JerEvil, those DI versions are sounding great on my Power Rack connected to my Marshall Vintage Modern 4x12 Cabinet.

I am particularly enamored with the profile "JerEvil QR G3 OD2 DI". All I can say is...kick ass! :thumbup:

Can't wait to try the studio profiles when my XiTone passive 1x12 Wedge arrives.

Thanks again, both to yourself as well as Tim Owens.

Cheers,
    John

• that's great to hear! I have rehearsal tomorrow night and will be using these for the first time in a band setting so I am glad to hear they are working out well!

There have been very few Splawn Quick Rod profiles so far that sound like what I have come to know the Quick Rod to sound like. Tim did a great job helping to capture this beast! Many more to follow and of course I will continue to post them on the forum!

These would not have been possible without MR. Owens!