Profiling Amplitube doesn´t even sound similar!

• Heyho!

I tried to profile a preset of Amplitube today...

The KPA was connected as shown in the manual.
    My interface is an ESI Maya044e, which has 2x Stereo 6.3mm Outputs and 2x Stereo 6.3mm Inputs.
    The "direct out" was connected with the interfaces input, and the interfaces output was connected to the return input of the KPA.
    Since I only have 6.3mm mono cable, I used them. Could this be the mistake, a mono cable in the returns jack? I don´t think so...
    Then I searched a profile what sounded like my Amplitube preset and started profiling

The problem is:
    The profiled Amp doesn´t even sound similar! It has way more gain instead of my crunchy sound in Amplitube.
    Refining the profile didn´t make it much better.

I already switched the interfaces mixer from "guitar" to "line in", but nothing improved.

Anyone had the same problem?

• Yeah, I found profiling Amplitube to be nigh on impossible, I'm afraid :(

Check mate,
    Sam

I've profiled with very good results Simul Analog Guitar Suite Marschall JCM900 vst plugin:) Besides - is one of the good sounding free plugins:)
    http://www.simulanalog.org/guitarsuite.htm

There are some good articles about dsp simulation of tubes :)

• The profiler is designed to profile and sound like a real tube amp. Amplitube is a last generation sim, the KPA can capture some of these, but it's going to have a harder time.

• I've profiled with very good results Simul Analog Guitar Suite Marschall JCM900 vst plugin:) Besides - is one of the good sounding free plugins:)
    simulanalog.org/guitarsuite.htm

There are some good articles about dsp simulation of tubes

Cool link thanks!!

• sorry for the dumb intervention but why you would want to profile an amplitube sound while you have the best of the world in the kemper? amplitube is ok but obsolete in sound and even if there is a nice sounding preset it is light years behind to the kemper in quality.

my question is: didn't you find in the kpa something that would substitute that amplitube sound?

i would understand the use of amplitube or guitar rig or similar if I have an amp like a head+speaker in which case I would need to mic the amp with all the attached issues.

but with the kemper, I simply don't understand it.

might be me, tough!

"...why being satisfied with an amp, as great as it can be, while you can have them all?" michael mellner

"Rock in Ecclesia" - new album on iTunes or Google music

• "I simply don't understand it"
    I really like some of the Ampltibe 3 bass amp simulations (e.g. the Orange AD200).
    And for a long time, i couldn't find any KPA bass profiles that i liked better. So i tried to profile my Amplitube presets - and failed :D just like the original poster.

I hope this helps to understand ;)

• well...I understand, nevertheless I don't dig it.

I respect the taste towards a sound, but even though an opinion has its value it is impossible to avoid the fact that the technology involved in the VST mentioned is, as said, light years behind the kemper.

this means that I am quite sure that the kemper is able to overwhelm vsts. and if someone finds vst better than kemper it means that he/she didn't handle the kemper the way it should have been done.

"...why being satisfied with an amp, as great as it can be, while you can have them all?" michael mellner

"Rock in Ecclesia" - new album on iTunes or Google music