Using Performance Mode to find the best amp/rig for a sound you're looking for.

• (This might be obvious and there might be a way for Rig Manager to do something similar, but I'm not an expert at Rig Manager.)

As I set up a new set of rigs (Performance slots) for a new guitar (Strat with SD Little '59 in the rear, normal SCs in the front and middle) I'm always after the "best" clean, crunch, and soloing tones.

I find it easier to set up a Performance with the top 5 clean (or crunch, or soloing) tones I can find. I'll then switch back and forth among the 5 to find the best one I can. I might save the winner and load 4 more to see if I can get better tones. I find this better than just going through Rig Manager and trying random rigs (although I might do that just to find some to load into my test Performance slots).

The key to everything is patience.
    You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.
    -- Arnold H. Glasow

If it doesn't produce results, don't do it.

-- Me

• Yep, that's how I do it as well :)

OTOH, once you've saved the first rig in the first slot it's easy to check it against any rig in the Rig Manager w\o having to download them, so this seems a faster strategy. If you are looking for just one clean, just keep the better one time by time.

:)