Go to DI or Merged Profiles for SS Amp and Traditional Guitar Cab?

• Hi all,

I just wondered what your go to DI/Merged profiles for tradition amp/cab set-ups were at present? I have a power head and have a bunch of profiles I love for recording but I just wondered what others are using for the following tones

Fender Clean
    Vox Breakup
    Marshall Plexi Crunch
    High Gain Marshall Lead tones
    Heavy Mesa type tones

Thanks in advance

Spence

• Cheers mate, I'll check these out.

I have the M Britt merged profiles but found them very dark and a bit flubby. I'm thinking about picking up one of his packs and checking out the studio profiles with cab disabled to see they suit my taste better.

I'll grab the other 2 and have a play!

• Not sure if it helps or not, but you can find my updated versions of the Firmware 3.0 rig profiles on the home page of my site (http://www.mbrittprofiles.com) or on the Rig Exchange (just search "britt"). That will help you decide if my profiles work for you before you spend money.

Hi Michael,

I picked up my first of your Rig Packs this evening. I have to say that I'm really enjoying it so far. I've been jamming with a Les Paul and I'm finding that on many of the gain tones that I need to lower the bass usually between -1 & -2 and maybe just add a little treble or presence but the core tones are all in there for sure.

Just out of interest, do you run the profiles pretty much flat for your live shows or are are these the raw profiles and you're dialling them in?

Also, are the clips on your site made using the profiles as they appear in the pack or are they tweaked to your licking?

Thanks for some great profiles I'm sure that I'll be picking up the rest soon.

Cheers

Spence

• First of all, thanks for checking out my rigs. I save the rigs right after I do the clips so they should be identical. I may tweak the eq a little bit when I use them during live shows but nothing too dramatic, usually a light or two (if you're using the toaster version). It does depend on the guitar and pickups. If I use a guitar with humbuckers, I'll start by increasing the definition in the amplifier settings a little to see if that fixes it and then just do subtle eq'ing. I like seeing my lights towards the middle of the knobs, though. If I need more cut or if I'm VH or 80's type stuff, I'll find a profile that has more cut or I have studio eq module that I throw on before the amp section with a 2 db bump at 200hz and 3-4 db at 1k. It really just depends on the song and where everyone else onstage is sonically. When I'm recording, it's all fair game and I'll twist knobs til it sits where I think it sounds good in the track. I prefer to use profiles that don't take as much eq'ing because too much and it starts sounding weird to my ears. A few db up or down on the eq knobs doesn't bother me though.

• First of all, thanks for checking out my rigs. I save the rigs right after I do the clips so they should be identical. I may tweak the eq a little bit when I use them during live shows but nothing too dramatic, usually a light or two (if you're using the toaster version). It does depend on the guitar and pickups. If I use a guitar with humbuckers, I'll start by increasing the definition in the amplifier settings a little to see if that fixes it and then just do subtle eq'ing. I like seeing my lights towards the middle of the knobs, though. If I need more cut or if I'm VH or 80's type stuff, I'll find a profile that has more cut or I have studio eq module that I throw on before the amp section with a 2 db bump at 200hz and 3-4 db at 1k. It really just depends on the song and where everyone else onstage is sonically. When I'm recording, it's all fair game and I'll twist knobs til it sits where I think it sounds good in the track. I prefer to use profiles that don't take as much eq'ing because too much and it starts sounding weird to my ears. A few db up or down on the eq knobs doesn't bother me though.

I thought that it was probably just down a difference in the raw guitar tone so that's cool. I'll certainly check out the definition (in fact I already had started looking at it after checking out the read me file that goes with the profile pack). I'm with you on the EQ, I've never really liked going too far from noon but as long as you don't move too far away then things stay in check.

Anyway the profiles are rocking here (I went for pack 2 first) so that's cool. I'll pull out my Strat and PRS to see how much things vary from guitar to guitar. Otherwise I might just reset my toaster on just on the off chance that there is a global setting that's out of whack since the latest firmware update.

thanks for the great profiles and thanks for taking the time out to comment, it's really cool!