let's talk about Michael Wagener's free rig pack ... & some clips

• Eltzejupp, In your first tryout the first sample sounded most "natural", other two being fiizzy and harsh (maybe little mids needed to be added to the first one though)! But then the last one you posted with Bugera sounded the best actually, maybe just a little little harsh. Awesome playing BTW! :) I also did not like MW profiles being really dark for my taste but it also depends on the guitar and settings you use your Kemper in. For myself (I only use Kemper at home straight into my RME soundcard) I found that when I record the guitar the best standalone profile might not really fit well into the mix and vice versa - cause when you play just the guitar you only hear one instrument and you might want it to take broad sound spectrum but in the mix it might be too much and "steal" some other instrument's "Place". Of course it also depends on the guitar's part and music style IMHO.

• I already posted it in the Forum.. but here you go. My clip of all 17 profiles ^^

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I already posted it in the Forum.. but here you go. My clip of all 17 profiles ^^

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Egnater EG5 and Stramp 2100A - sounds good in this example - for Me :thumbup:

Stay Metal!

Damn, they all sound fantastic. I also like the Eggie EG5 and Stramp 2100A that Sinmix voted for. The Eggie Armageddon is off the hook, as well.

However, I think there is something extra special about the Metropolous '67 (Marshall Super Lead). It sounds wonderfully warm and round, without the harsh edges. IMHO, it sits particularly well in the mix. The others are more flashy and "in your face"...but I keep getting drawn to the Met '67. The Met '69 also is fantastic.

Thanks for recording and posting this "tour" of the MW profiles!

Cheers,
    John

• Here is MW's ADA MP-1 with my tweaks to get it closer to that Nuno tone, Eltzejupp let me know what you think

(PEDALBOARD): Kemper Stage, Shure GLXD-16 wireless, JHS A/B Switch, SoloDallas Storm, Keeley Halo, Mission Engineering EP-1 KP, Voodoo Labs Pedal Power 2, Pedaltrain-3 board

• Here is MW's ADA MP-1 with my tweaks to get it closer to that Nuno tone, Eltzejupp let me know what you think

Wow! Sounds dead on, drandall. Fantastic job! Great playing, as well. :thumbup:

I hope you will post this exact tweaked profile of yours to the Rig Exchange. I would very much like to hear your version through my speaker set-up.

Cheers,
    John

• this is the bugera, main eq all zero. Only delay and rev on it. Maybe it sounds a little harsh because i record in my cellar with a tascam mk 144 interface to my laptop over cubase lt5 and not in a good studio.

Wow, I really like that sound clip as well, Eltzejupp. Great tone, and sounds really well balanced. Sweet playing, as well. :thumbup:

Congrats also to Sinmix, because that sounds like wonderful profile of the Bugera 333XL.

Cheers,
    John

He man! Very good playing :thumbup: i love this kinda tunes from extreme. The profile sounds very good. What kind of gear do you use? Is there a reamping on the tune or is it directely recorded out of the toaster?

• Wow, I really like that sound clip as well, Eltzejupp. Great tone, and sounds really well balanced. Sweet playing, as well. :thumbup:

Congrats also to Sinmix, because that sounds like wonderful profile of the Bugera 333XL.

Cheers,
    John

Yes, i :) like this profile to. Thx man. It takes a little time but i come closer to my goal.

• Yes, i like this profile to. Thx man. It takes a little time but i come closer to my goal.

Now sounds much better :D i think you love too much eq :cursing: Try Also Trirec profile - its Bugeera Trirec Amp on Mesa recto Cab 8o Dont touch EQ! Just Play :thumbup: and time back to the topic :D

Stay Metal!

• I think sometimes that people wish that profile X or gear Y = tone Z.

On paper, the way gear is described, from videos how it sounds and recordings, I've often bought something thinking 'this will end my tonal nirvana search - this is IT!'. Then you try it with your gear, in your room/space and YOUR ears - and it's not quite right.

Bottom line is often trust your ears, and don't forget the hands, they are the 'mojo'. There are a few stories about guitarists rigs such as Eric Peterson from Testament, Dimebag and others who's rigs were setup in such a way that every guitarist apart from them who tried them simply did not sound like them.

Try and not get caught up in the endless tone search, sit back use your ears to find a few great sounding profiles with your gear, and enjoy.

-Tonerider

• Now sounds much better :D i think you love too much eq :cursing: Try Also Trirec profile - its Bugeera Trirec Amp on Mesa recto Cab 8o Dont touch EQ! Just Play :thumbup: and time back to the topic :D

Stay Metal!

Man you are right. The posts from yesterday changed a lot in my style of tweaking. Today i tryed to use your Bugera rig with the Mesa recto cab, without tweaking the eq so much, as a basic sound. I have only tryed to change the amps in this setting and man what can i say, it blows me away. I have quickly found super new rigs, for example i only change the bugera to MWs Egneater . The combi with your cab is awesome. I tryed it with orange, boogie V, 5150, MWs Bogner and the amps are all powerfull. Big smile in my face. THX, you made my day! I think i spent some hours today with it and change my performance mode :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
    THX to all of the guys wich have posted here! ASn other user has written " Happy as a puppy". I' am!