let's talk about Michael Wagener's free rig pack ... & some clips

• I had a chance to download the free pack , here is the content of this collection :

MW - Add A MP1 ADA MP-1
    MW – Eggneta Armery Egnater Armageddon
    MW - Eggneta EG Five Egnater EG5
    MW - Engle Safe Age Engl Savage 120
    MW - Industry Amp Roll Industrial Amps Rock 120
    MW - Mars MP 2203 Marshall 2203
    MW - Metropol 67 Metropoulos 67
    MW - Metropol 69 Metropoulos 69
    MW - Rand L. TS Bogus MTS Bogner XTC
    MW - Rand L. TS Jade Face MTS Jaded Faith 59 RR
    MW - Rand L. TS Mumba MTS Mamba
    MW - Rand L. TS Mandy MTS Mandarin
    MW - Rand L. TS Mrs Scar MTS Mr Scary
    MW - Rand L. TS MW MTS Wagener
    MW - Splash Fast Road Splawn Quickrod
    MW - S-Tramp 2100 Stramp 2100A
    MW - Voo Doo Plexi Voodoo Amps V-Plex

Most profiles are hi gain, with a nasty bite, MW has much love for plexi amps & clones !!

Cabs are great, especially the armery one, lock this one and try the other amps , you'll find that much of the tone comes from the miking, at least with my gear.

The metro rigs are really something, they is one for SC and the other for HB and they fit very well to their respective guitars IMO.

• I did grab them before they vanished but only tried for 5 mins through headphones. Didn't sound great but it had been a long day so a choir of angels telling me I'd won the lottery probably wouldn't have sounded good through headphones either ;)

They've been removed due to a 'problem' haven't they? I think there is a post by G-String saying 'don't use them' for the moment? Not sure why though :)

• I did grab them before they vanished but only tried for 5 mins through headphones. Didn't sound great but it had been a long day so a choir of angels telling me I'd won the lottery probably wouldn't have sounded good through headphones either ;)

They've been removed due to a 'problem' haven't they? I think there is a post by G-String saying 'don't use them' for the moment? Not sure why though :)

Wow, strange. I didn't realize they vanished and I hadn't seen that post yet. Wonder what's wrong.

G-String says: "if you haven't already started using the set, wait for the updated version please." Strictly speaking, this doesn't suggest that you should wait if you are already using it. Nevertheless, it would seem best to replace the old one as soon as the new version appears.

• Those of us who already use them, are enjoying the true vintage MW sounds. All the rest will be left with upcoming modern issue of MW pack. :(
    And I hope there will be thread about sound difference in vintage vs. modern pack. There must be difference! :D

Cabs are great, especially the armery one, lock this one and try the other amps , you'll find that much of the tone comes from the miking, at least with my gear.

I just replaced cab on Metro 69 with darker Armery cab and I can't stop playing... Metro 69 with it's cab sounded too harsh with my strat. After cab swap - pure heaven. :)
    Looks like we got very valuable present from Kemper. So many good sounding cabs. Than you Kemper!

• I have to say that the Egnater Armagedon profile itself is easily my favorite from this pack. I'm using it with my emg equipped guitar and it sounds just great. pretty agressive without lacking clarity. great for single note riffs.

• MW profiles are fully packed with latent high gain energy ,ready to cut through the mix or for live gig battle .
    One may like it or not, but MW profiles are truly DIFFERENT than any other profiles I tried so far.

I am not saying better or worse , I am saying different.

It looks like I am playing an amp with all control buttons on 11 !
    But still with soul, definition and natural sound of the real tube engine .
    When playing some of them very loud through the real amp -cab , it looks like I am playing solo guitar with Black Sabbath or some of the famous Hair Rock bands right there in my studio .

That feeling cannot be explained, one must to play it, hear it and feel it ....

If talking about Kemper machine possibilities ,and this is the point I am trying to make here, its telling me that our dear commercial profile producers just scratched a bit the real KPA profiling possibilities.

This is my main impression after checking these profiles done by one of the world's most acclaimed producers, MW him self.

Profiling is everything , and seems to be endless in improvements .....Shame I am not producer, I will enjoy so much in this race for the most natural and organic sounds....if you know what I mean.

Good time for KPA will still have to come, just wait a bit , you wouldn't believe ....!

Cheers,
    Zoran

1988 Branko Radulovic Hand Made Strat in Macedonia (SFRJ)

2006 Steve Vai vwh moded with SS frets and Sustainac 2006 (Japan)

2008 Fender YJM , moded (USA)

2010 Tom Andersons Drop Top 2010 (made in California)

2017 Charvel GG sig Caramelised Ash (USA)

2022 Gibson ES 335 2011 Custom Shop Cherry of course ( Memphis)

• Further testing with the metro 67&69 led me into fantastic plexi tone , like the best rigs around you'll achieve all kinds of tones from the basic rigs. The gain range is really impressive from the cleans to full marshall plexi lead we all know and love, not to mention the killer crunches and dirty rhythm "à la Hendrix"" . You still got to adjust def & clarity to suit your needs, but the P90 one is also spot on with my SC guitars.

Thx to Michael for his miking knowledge & efforts and for sharing all this great amp & cab collection.

• I was interested in the picture of the cab micing which came with this library. The speakers had no grilles and were miced up with many mics including multiple (what looked to be) Royer 121s. These were pitched forward at about 30+ degrees from the vertical and mounted in front of the driver cones - some in front of the cap and others sort of off center and off axis but with the ribbon approximately parallel to the cone surface. I am not sure if this to find optimum tone or more a strategy to protect the ribbon from air movement ( Royer recommends inclining the 121 15 degrees or so off the axis from the sound source when micing a kick drum reso head for example) . A bit of an explanation of the micing technique used would be pretty instructive I expect.

Edited 2 times, last by Antipodes ().

• Thanks for this thread! I was waiting for something and didn't find =anything...didn't occur to me to just start a topic! Thanks!

I really liked the Bogner with a strat, very fat and just oozes character (no pun intended). Also the ada is very nice, but for heavy I thought the framus cobra was sick! I also really like the Jade Face with DS+ and Mr. Scary (with DS too)

I've saved several cabs (the avatar is nice but in my opinion not as good as Tim Owens Avatars!), and it's great this is a merged pack. The randall cab is obviously very versatile. Lots to love here, does make me think about picking up a MW pack, however, I think I'd wait until he releases some more merged stuff for sale.

Your advice about the Armory cab is very good, that is sweet sounding on some clean/crunchy profiles.

What is the "With Art 4*12" though??????? Can't decipher that or I'm just super SLOW!

ps: I hate that profilers can't just name the amps and manufacturers what they are; it's not fun to edit.

• I made a few clips , with the metro69 stock and with the armery Cab

All edits were made on the fly while recording, but I started from the stock 69. You can hear me upping the gain in an ascending order :D

The end part riff is the ADA.

There is Zero mix ; it's pretty raw and there might phase issues.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• <p>

Are these profiles on the exchange?

</p>

nope, they were available as a free rig pack download , but they were removed , although I personally don't have any problem with them, except the lack of sleep it involves while jamming with the metros ...

Anyway I arranged a quick jam; ... in the surf/garage style with the 67metro &amp; Wizard cab, on my hollowbody

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Please post your own clips I wonder how you'll end since the possibilities are endless ...

• so what's the story about those profiles? I have them since I downloaded when out, but should wait for the new ones released?

"...why being satisfied with an amp, as great as it can be, while you can have them all?" michael mellner

"Rock in Ecclesia" - new album on iTunes or Google music

• They were removed for technical issues or maybe legal ones , I also remember that MW had to remove the Wizard from his own collection for legal issues. Some of the rigs from this pack also use Wizard cabs (and the tone is great !!!).

I restrain myself not to publish on R.E. a metro 67 & 69 tweak I've done (with a great spiring reverb mod) for the clips, but it's a pity :(

• Wow, over a year from announcement til availability and now this. BTW I've downloaded them while they were up and honestly don't think they're any better than my new favorite set of profiles, Top Jimi's '74 Marshall.