let's talk about Michael Wagener's free rig pack ... & some clips

• Noticed a change in the definition Parameter, which were on 10 for a few profiles which I hate an sounded aggressive and had lowered myself, have been lowered in the new versions.

I noticed some people put the definition value to 10 on their profiles and can't understand why , it's so aggressive at that setting and shitty sounding !!!!

• Noticed a change in the definition Parameter, which were on 10 for a few profiles which I hate an sounded aggressive and had lowered myself, have been lowered in the new versions.

I noticed some people put the definition value to 10 on their profiles and can't understand why , it's so aggressive at that setting and shitty sounding !!!!

For the most part I agree. I have a high output guitar for metal and those profiles are often on 10. I find 8.5 to be a good setting in such cases.

• The notes on the download page says 17 rigs with 9 of them being merged. Anyone know which 9 are merged? I'm interested in trying the cabs out on other profiles and the cabs from the merged profiles should be better for reuse. Or...did I miss this info somewhere?

BTW: These rigs are really great sounding. A little too much gain for my tastes, but that is easily adjusted. Very nice MW. :thumbup:

• The notes on the download page says 17 rigs with 9 of them being merged. Anyone know which 9 are merged? I'm interested in trying the cabs out on other profiles and the cabs from the merged profiles should be better for reuse. Or...did I miss this info somewhere?

BTW: These rigs are really great sounding. A little too much gain for my tastes, but that is easily adjusted. Very nice MW. :thumbup:

Hi alwainwright,

You may have missed it. It is on the first page of the .pdf release notes:

We had the extraordinairy opportunity to visit Michael in his Wireworld
    studio and have the man himself conjure up incredible guitar sounds.
    These rigs are merged profiles, with the exception of the ones taken
    from the MTS* and Egnater* modules

So, the six (6) MTS module profiles and the two (2) Egnater profiles are, I presume, regular Studio Profiles.

Cheers,
    John

• Re. definition on 10: It's just a mater of tastes. furthermore, it doesn't mean people have fiddled with it - they can be one ten right after profiling.

This. I always check the definition after making a profile and it's usually way too high for my taste. 5.5 is the magic number. :D

Some really glassy and clear high gain profiles in this pack, I'll definitely will find a use for them in the future.

• Did any of you notice some slight hissing noise in theese profiles? I was scrolling through them via rig manager and suddenly heard there was some kind of hissing noise when i played a note very softly with my git volume all the way up. I tried some other profiles and they didnt produce this noise. Also fiddled with noise gate to see if this was the problem..

Edit: Checked it again and it mostly happened on the Eggneta Eg five profile. Turned off the gate in slot a and figured out some of it. Might be some bad interference with my computer screens that carries over when the sound is triggered just enough to "engage the kemper". There is some middle ground where a note from the guitar is so low that it triggers the profile and almost no guitar sound comes through only "static" that is louder than the tone..

Edited once, last by Xander ().

• I really dont want to start a row here ..........but.............

This time is the first time that I've tried these profiles ........Some nice sounds but I really was expecting a LOT more after all the hype on the website and Forum....

slightly disappointed ............

• Holy Cow. I decided to spend some quality time with MW's ADA MP-1 profile. I am a huge fan of Nuno, so for Michael Wagener to actually capture and clone Nuno's original MP-1...well, it is just a real treat.

It sounds great right out of the box...but I did some of my own tweaking. I dialed back on the stock profile's gain setting, but then compensated by hitting the front with a Green Scream Stomp. I also replaced the profile's existing cab with one of Till Schneider's cabinets, from his CabLab pack. Finally, I dialed up the Clarity, Pick, and Compressor parameters in the Amp section, and added one of my own Delay + Reverb presets.

It has now just become one of my absolute favorite Rigs. :thumbup:

• Holy Cow. I decided to spend some quality time with MW's ADA MP-1 profile. I am a huge fan of Nuno, so for Michael Wagener to actually capture and clone Nuno's original MP-1...well, it is just a real treat.

It sounds great right out of the box...but I did some of my own tweaking. I dialed back on the stock profile's gain setting, but then compensated by hitting the front with a Green Scream Stomp. I also replaced the profile's existing cab with one of Till Schneider's cabinets, from his CabLab pack. Finally, I dialed up the Clarity, Pick, and Compressor parameters in the Amp section, and added one of my own Delay + Reverb presets.

It has now just become one of my absolute favorite Rigs. :thumbup:

?How do you get good right out of the box? Imo every profile sound muffeling and i use a very good frfr from rcf. Its the 10" nx sma 400 watt amp. I have tons of other profiles which sounds very good but the wagener profiles are not the quality which i expected from him. Cant understand the hype about his profiles.

• These are great all around on my system.

could you do me a favour and send me your parameters for input and output section? What cab do you use, wageners?Do you tweak the amp a little or the main eq? Every one writes, that the the profiles sound very good. Wish i can catch it because i am also a big Nuno fan.
    As i have written, i use one of the best frfrs and my guitars are also not so bad. At this time i try it with my erny ball petrucci bfr but i have nearly the same results with my ibanez jems 7wh and 777fp.

• ame problems with the Mbritt profiles. Clean sounds are awesome but chrunch or lead i cant use. I have awesome profiles from thumas, djemass, deadlightstudios and other stuff. But i am very interesting whats the magic behind wageners and Mbritt profiles. At this time i cant find it ;(

• could you do me a favour and send me your parameters for input and output section? What cab do you use, wageners?Do you tweak the amp a little or the main eq? Every one writes, that the the profiles sound very good. Wish i can catch it because i am also a big Nuno fan.
    As i have written, i use one of the best frfrs and my guitars are also not so bad. At this time i try it with my erny ball petrucci bfr but i have nearly the same results with my ibanez jems 7wh and 777fp.

Hello Eltzeujpp,

Are you directing your question to Deadpan, or to me? The only reason I ask, is because I specifically mentioned being a big Nuno fan in my previous post, in which I also discuss tweaking the Michael Wagener ADA MP-1 profile/rig. So, I am thinking you may have mean't to direct the question to me, but quoted deadpan. No worries, either way.

Cheers,
    John

• It's a question to both of you. To you especially for nuno and to Deadpan because he has written that all these profiles sounds directely great for him. I am a little bit confused about it, because i think i know the kpa and its opportunities very well. I have many sounds that sounds good (hear my examples on soundcloud at eltzejupp).