let's talk about Michael Wagener's free rig pack ... & some clips

• could you do me a favour and send me your parameters for input and output section? What cab do you use, wageners?Do you tweak the amp a little or the main eq? Every one writes, that the the profiles sound very good. Wish i can catch it because i am also a big Nuno fan.
    As i have written, i use one of the best frfrs and my guitars are also not so bad. At this time i try it with my erny ball petrucci bfr but i have nearly the same results with my ibanez jems 7wh and 777fp.

I know nothing of the artist mentioned, my thoughts are only how the profiles sound for my style of playing.

I do use output EQ adjustments globally. I mainly monitor on DSR112 by Yamaha. I can record clips if you like. The ADA was one of my least favorite of the pack though. It is worth wile to note that I use a Maxon OD808x before the Kemper.

Input for me currently is DS 0 CS -9.5

• It's a question to both of you. To you especially for nuno and to Deadpan because he has written that all these profiles sounds directely great for him. I am a little bit confused about it, because i think i know the kpa and its opportunities very well. I have many sounds that sounds good (hear my examples on soundcloud at eltzejupp).

Hi Eltzejupp,

No prob. When I get in front of my KPA later this evening, I will make a note of my settings throughout the entire signal chain on the MW ADA MP-1 profile that I tweaked and saved as a favorite. I will post back here with this information later this evening (my local time).

Keep in mind (and this goes without saying) that what sounds good to my ears may not be everyone's cup of tea. But I will be happy to share my settings.

Also, please note that we are using two very different FRFR solutions. I believe your RCF model NX 10-SMA wedge monitor to be an excellent solution. It probably is more of a "reference" type of FRFR than my passive XiTone 1x12 Wedge. So keep in mind that I dialed in settings that sound good to me, based upon my coaxial-based 12" XiTone.

• I know nothing of the artist mentioned, my thoughts are only how the profiles sound for my style of playing.

I do use output EQ adjustments globally. I mainly monitor on DSR112 by Yamaha. I can record clips if you like. The ADA was one of my least favorite of the pack though. It is worth wile to note that I use a Maxon OD808x before the Kemper.

Input for me currently is DS 0 CS -9.5

Hey thx for your post and yes id like to hear a recorded example. Maybe it helps to compare.

• @Eltzejupp I cant help you on the Wagner profiles I haven't even tried them yet, But what I have found being a kemper user for a long time is that everyone has different views on what sounds good. A good example is when I first joined the community I found some profiles that people really thought were good didn't suit me at all and I would think to myself "Have I got the right profile, that these people are saying sounds so good?" For me it sounded terrible, but for others good. ;( Maybe the Wagner profiles are not for you. I myself have way to many profiles as it is and ive found a commercial profiler and people who share on RE profiles and they suit me 100%. My advice is if you find profiles that don't work for you don't worry maybe they are just not your cup of tea and if everyone liked the same stuff the world would be pretty boring :)

• Waiting for your response. Hope it brings me nearer to the goal. BTW i have tweaked the profile like this:
    Input section is global for all of my profiles: cs 1,7 ds 0
    Output global: Monitor out to my frfr Bass-1,4, middle -1,7 trble +1,1 presence 0
    cab Mesa Boogie MB 4x12 Rectifier by Bjorn Gottfriedson Volume -3
    Gate 2,9
    Wah
    EQ on stomp x: 80hz +2,0, 160hz +1,5, 320 hz 0, 640hz -5,6, 1250hz -2,6, 2500hz 0, 5000hz +2,8, 10000hz 0
    Mod Hyper chorus depth 5,8, Amount 3,0 Crossover 20,6hz Mix 21%
    Tap delay: mix 46,8, clock left 4/16 and right 2/16 Feedback 0Bandwidth 2,9, center freq. -3,1, Modulation 2,5, Ducking 0Vol +1,9
    Reverb Hall: mix 20,1, Del Rev balance +58%, time 4,6 damping 7,1, predelay 160ms, rest 0
    Main eq of the profile (front knobs): bass +1, middle scooped to -2,4, treble +1,2 and presence +3,4

I will upload it on RE called MP1 NUNO eltzejupp

• @Eltzejupp I cant help you on the Wagner profiles I haven't even tried them yet, But what I have found being a kemper user for a long time is that everyone has different views on what sounds good. A good example is when I first joined the community I found some profiles that people really thought were good didn't suit me at all and I would think to myself "Have I got the right profile, that these people are saying sounds so good?" For me it sounded terrible, but for others good. ;( Maybe the Wagner profiles are not for you. I myself have way to many profiles as it is and ive found a commercial profiler and people who share on RE profiles and they suit me 100%. My advice is if you find profiles that don't work for you don't worry maybe they are just not your cup of tea and if everyone liked the same stuff the world would be pretty boring :)

I agree. But it surprised me when i read the wagener treat. So many people here are happy with the tone, i find nothing...
    So finally i be surprised if i can not trust my ears.And yes you are right, i have so many profiles that sound good to me, if i cant go behind the miracle of those profiles (MW) i will forget it. But first i'll try every tip.

• I agree. But it surprised me when i read the wagener treat. So many people here are happy with the tone, i find nothing...
    So finally i be surprised if i can not trust my ears.And yes you are right, i have so many profiles that sound good to me, if i cant go behind the miracle of those profiles (MW) i will forget it. But first i'll try every tip.

I remember when he released his commercial ones some people loved them others not so much. So give them a go and if no luck don't worry carry on with the great profiles you already have. Its like TV now a days when there were only 4 channels in the UK I'm sure I watched better TV than I do now with 9 million channels to choose from. Some times to much choice is not good :D;)

• Maybe you should just try to save the best cab out of the pack and try it with your favorite amp profiles, I personnaly just saved the CAB from the metros and use it on lots of amp profiles and it sounds so good, especially while recording. I really dig the miking and overall balance on the cabs, it's pretty unique to me.

Also remember that MW does many mix and multitracking, so these rigs may not be suited to sound that huge on their own. Regarding your guitars, do have you a single coil or a classic LP to do more tests ?

And after all like Raoul said, it's a matter of taste, if it doen'st do it, switch to other rigs. I stopped testing Andy's rigs , I know how Andy is putting tons of efforts in profiling, but I stick to the older profiles he did , the new ones do not fit my gear anymore, much to bright and crisp for my taste, but lots of people seem to dig them to the death ...

• Maybe you should just try to save the best cab out of the pack and try it with your favorite amp profiles, I personnaly just saved the CAB from the metros and use it on lots of amp profiles and it sounds so good, especially while recording. I really dig the miking and overall balance on the cabs, it's pretty unique to me.

Also remember that MW does many mix and multitracking, so these rigs may not be suited to sound that huge on their own. Regarding your guitars, do have you a single coil or a classic LP to do more tests ?

And after all like Raoul said, it's a matter of taste, if it doen'st do it, switch to other rigs. I stopped testing Andy's rigs , I know how Andy is putting tons of efforts in profiling, but I stick to the older profiles he did , the new ones do not fit my gear anymore, much to bright and crisp for my taste, but lots of people seem to dig them to the death ...

Hi waraba, i give it a chance if i get a good tip. Otherwise i kick them off. Your question about my guitars, i think i have some good ones to test the profiles ;) uups i dind't cleaned them....
    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/iXgIOL0.jpg?1]

• You are right, but i dont have a special fridge for it (poor boy) spent all my bucks in guitars and gear ;)
    So temperature is 21C° and humidity 50%. If i like to drink the wine i cool it in the kitchen. U are welcome to taste it

• I have an opinion on other commercial profiles, but I'm one of many - I will not publish it here. So finally Yes its only nice photo. Peace and Love! :thumbup:

Stay Metal!

i sinmix, just tryed your Marshall 6100 from re. This one is nearly what i like ( also good Mesa Profiles because my fav. Player is John Petrucci, he has an awesome sound).

• Here is a little clip:

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Three of the profiles. Each played once with no output eq then once with +.7 bass -.8 mid +1.8 treb +2.3 pres.

Section 1 Armery
    Section 2 Rand L Mr S
    Section 3 Eggneta EG Five

• This is excately what i mean. Thx for the tune. Every record without eq is very muffeld. After you tweaked it, its much better. So i cant understand if someone says they sound good right out of the box. I have to tweak them too, to have an acceptable sound, but there is no profile that blows me away. I kick them of. I get a near and much better nuno bettencourt sound from the sinmix marshall 6100 profile.