let's talk about Michael Wagener's free rig pack ... & some clips

• Can't understand the complaints. If you don't like them, don't use them.
    I think some of the MW profiles sound very, very good and i highly appreciate that MW gave them away for free.

No complaints here. Just looking for tips and clear up things. For me it was only one question, is my kpa not ok, because some guys write that they sound very good right out of the box. It isnt so. You have to tweak them a lot with eq. That was the main thing behind it. Every one who shared profiles here has a warm welcome, there a no bad toughts behind the questions, just looking for tips to make sound useable for me (and maybe for other users)

• I don't really understand the whole "I had to tweak the eq = profiles are bad" argument. :D

Of course you need to tweak because you use them with different guitar, monitors and room than they were made in/with. I don't think I've come across a single profile I didn't need to tweak to suit my gear aside from the ones I've made myself, which already were made to work with my gear to begin with.

• I don't really understand the whole "I had to tweak the eq = profiles are bad" argument. :D

Of course you need to tweak because you use them with different guitar, monitors and room than they were made in/with. I don't think I've come across a single profile I didn't need to tweak to suit my gear aside from the ones I've made myself, which already were made to work with my gear to begin with.

Maybe its to difficult to understand for someone. If i have written: I cant agree that the MW profiles sound good right out of the box. Imo you are absolutetly right. When people write it here i think some guys think the kpa is defect (me too) because right out of the box it sounds not good!
    Here is an example what i mean:
    first part: right out of the box
    second part: tweaked
    third part: to compare the MW profile with a Marshall 6100 from sinmix out of the box with also a little delay and reverb on it.
    Which sounds best? The first MW right out of the box? For me not.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• The first one does sound best for me. The other two are really bright, last one is unusable as a tone for me.

Unless you like really bright tones I'd wager your monitors don't reproduce the high end properly. Through my monitors that last one is knife-in-ear bright.

Yes, its true in this comparison for me first sample also sound the best maybe not perfect but... BTW i dont like my 6100 propfile :D was made with Marshall cab (fizzy cab) also not the best mic pos - old story :D@Eltzejupp please record the same riff with my JVM profile from my Free Pack - and then i think can be much better :thumbup:

Stay Metal!

Edited once, last by sinmix ().

• The first one does sound best for me. The other two are really bright, last one is unusable as a tone for me.

Unless you like really bright tones I'd wager your monitors don't reproduce the high end properly. Through my monitors that last one is knife-in-ear bright.

Yes, its true in this comparison for me first sample also sound the best maybe not perfect but... BTW i dont like my 6100 propfile :D was made with Marshall cab (fizzy cab) also not the best mic pos - old story :D@Eltzejupp please record the same riff with my JVM profile from my Free Pack - and then i think can be much better :thumbup:

Stay Metal!

Many thx guys. This is the discussion i wanted!!!
    Helps me to find the right tone.
    sinmix: Wait 10 Minutes , i try it directely.

• Yes, its true in this comparison for me first sample also sound the best maybe not perfect but... BTW i dont like my 6100 propfile :D was made with Marshall cab (fizzy cab) also not the best mic pos - old story :D@Eltzejupp please record the same riff with my JVM profile from my Free Pack - and then i think can be much better :thumbup:

Stay Metal!

OK. searched for it but cant find a JVM Profile Have downloaded the fr ee pack as you has posted bevore with the dropbox link. No JMV in it.

• Yeah, all this I think comes down to personal preference :)

I agree with the others for my tastes - the first one sounds best TO ME.

mbritt profiles - I find them too dark for my tastes for the most part.

TAF profiles often don't give me the fullness I'm looking for - again, for MY tastes.

There is no doubt that all these gentlemen make some very good profiles - they just don't match my tastes (OK, that's not entirely true - they do - just not for the majority of the stuff I usually play)

• Yes, its true in this comparison for me first sample also sound the best maybe not perfect but... BTW i dont like my 6100 propfile :D was made with Marshall cab (fizzy cab) also not the best mic pos - old story :D@Eltzejupp please record the same riff with my JVM profile from my Free Pack - and then i think can be much better :thumbup:

Stay Metal!

Just tryed it with your bugera 333XL profile

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Just tryed it with your bugera 333XL profile

still dont like this tone - too bright! without body (strange becouse 333XL sounds fuller) :D sory JVM not included - My mistake. I post special for You solo DI track and Reamped via spdif with my Bugera 333XL profile (reverb,delay from Kemper) raw profile eq at 0 0 0 0 0 0 :thumbup: You can also reamp this DI - maybe its something wrong with your Kemper or Guitar?

solo guitars on 333XL http://www.brickwall.pl/333XL/333XL_SOLO.wav

check this: http://www.brickwall.pl/333XL/

Stay Metal!

• Nice clip and playing.
    It may sound different in mix and with live band , but like a standalone is little bit too much of everything (do not take me wrong)

Try to put Pure Booster in Pre stack , as earlier as possible , and set PB Volume down, until it becomes more warmer tone .
    It looks like a Definition is on max ,though ...
    Also. lower your pick up height , I've done it to all of my powerful guitars, and your is powerful without any doubt...

Then, once you get everything down and warmer , put PB in X slot and add some Volume on it, it will cut the mix , but in much more cultivate manner.

This is what I've done with most of free free MW profiles, they are a little bit too much defined on high side ...for my taste.

This is all about taste, and everyone's taste is different ,please take my advices with some grain of salt.
    Thanks again for sharing !

1988 Branko Radulovic Hand Made Strat in Macedonia (SFRJ)

2006 Steve Vai vwh moded with SS frets and Sustainac 2006 (Japan)

2008 Fender YJM , moded (USA)

2010 Tom Andersons Drop Top 2010 (made in California)

2017 Charvel GG sig Caramelised Ash (USA)

2022 Gibson ES 335 2011 Custom Shop Cherry of course ( Memphis)

Edited once, last by Rescator ().

• The first is defo the best. Maybe a little tweak to the high mids, not much at all and id say it would be near perfect :) (for me)

The other 2 are way to bright and fizzy IMO :)

+1, no doubt about it.

Hi Ingolf, einen schönen Feiertag wünsche ich dir. Ich werd noch wahnsinnig mit dem tweaken....

Here is the MW Profile tweaked in the high mids. Sound not so bad on the tune imo, but on my frfr its sounds muffeld. I recorded it at the main outs, and my frfr is connected to monitor out. So i think i have to tweak the monitor out a little more and the main outs are untweaked for recording.

• Hi sinmix,
    this is the bugera, main eq all zero. Only delay and rev on it. Maybe it sounds a little harsh because i record in my cellar with a tascam mk 144 interface to my laptop over cubase lt5 and not in a good studio.

• WELL, in listening to those clips every single one sounds 10x better original to my ears. I hate presence brittle ice gahhh!