let's talk about Michael Wagener's free rig pack ... & some clips

• he combi with your cab is awesome. I tryed it with orange, boogie V, 5150, MWs Bogner and the amps are all powerfull. Big smile in my face.

well, i think you can try some merged profiles and then copy cab and paste to another merged profile or direct amp profile - becouse rigs from my Free pack are not merged :D try some Thumas Djemas merged profiles.

Stay Metal!

• He man! Very good playing :thumbup: i love this kinda tunes from extreme. The profile sounds very good. What kind of gear do you use? Is there a reamping on the tune or is it directely recorded out of the toaster?

This was recorded to Sonar X3 right out of the KPA with no post processing, but the signal chain goes from the guitar through my pedal board which has a Keeley Comp (set for light compression) and an Xotic EP Booster with the default settings and knob all the way down. This was recorded with a Strat (Crunchlab p/u) on the left and an RG550 (Evolution p/u) on the right

(PEDALBOARD): Kemper Stage, Shure GLXD-16 wireless, JHS A/B Switch, SoloDallas Storm, Keeley Halo, Mission Engineering EP-1 KP, Voodoo Labs Pedal Power 2, Pedaltrain-3 board

• I was testing dithering and how it effects wav files uploaded to SoundCloud with the EG5 profile and just love the sound so I thought I would share.

Little more appropriate style for this sound. No edits to the profile other that running a Maxon od808x before the Kemper with drive off, 3/4 level and just over half tone.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• This was recorded to Sonar X3 right out of the KPA with no post processing, but the signal chain goes from the guitar through my pedal board which has a Keeley Comp (set for light compression) and an Xotic EP Booster with the default settings and knob all the way down. This was recorded with a Strat (Crunchlab p/u) on the left and an RG550 (Evolution p/u) on the right

Hi Drandall,

What built-in KPA Stomp FX would you recommend I try, that would be closest to your external Xotic EP pedal? I realize there will not be anything exact...but what Stomp do you think would serve as a good approximation? Maybe you might be able to recommend a basic setting on it's parameters, as well.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
    John

• Not sure, I would have to play around with something like the built-in boosters, but I'm not actually using mine as a boost. The EP isn't boosting anything because I have the gain all the way down but it does still add sweetness to the sound. I tried doing away with it and found myself missing it on recordings and live (since I hear my guitar through my IEMs).

(PEDALBOARD): Kemper Stage, Shure GLXD-16 wireless, JHS A/B Switch, SoloDallas Storm, Keeley Halo, Mission Engineering EP-1 KP, Voodoo Labs Pedal Power 2, Pedaltrain-3 board

• Not sure, I would have to play around with something like the built-in boosters, but I'm not actually using mine as a boost. The EP isn't boosting anything because I have the gain all the way down but it does still add sweetness to the sound. I tried doing away with it and found myself missing it on recordings and live (since I hear my guitar through my IEMs).

Okay, no worries. I just looked up the Xotic EP, and see it is a rather unique circuit, based on the preamp from the old EchoPlex's. So, there is probably nothing equivalent in the KPA Stomps. I will play around with some of the neutral boosts, or EQs, if I need to add a little something to the MP-1 profile, based on my guitar and set-up. Thanks anyways.

Cheers,
    John

• All the Xotic line of pedals are good stuff. I have the EP, BB Preamp and AC Plus.

If you are using my tweaked version of this preset, just remember that it sounds different in a mix than it does by itself. I tweaked it based on how it sounded in the HeMan Woman Hater sample I have earlier in this thread. I'm not crazy about the way it sounds by itself

• I was testing dithering and how it effects wav files uploaded to SoundCloud with the EG5 profile and just love the sound so I thought I would share.

Little more appropriate style for this sound. No edits to the profile other that running a Maxon od808x before the Kemper with drive off, 3/4 level and just over half tone.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Wow, killer tone there @deadpan! May I ask what guitar/pickups you used for this?

• ame problems with the Mbritt profiles. Clean sounds are awesome but chrunch or lead i cant use. I have awesome profiles from thumas, djemass, deadlightstudios and other stuff. But i am very interesting whats the magic behind wageners and Mbritt profiles. At this time i cant find it ;(

Same here.

• Hi sinmix,
    this is the bugera, main eq all zero. Only delay and rev on it. Maybe it sounds a little harsh because i record in my cellar with a tascam mk 144 interface to my laptop over cubase lt5 and not in a good studio.

man where did you get that bugera profile that one sounds good to me !

i check sinmix website it has a bugera 333 but no button to add to cart ? whats the deal with that , all the other ones have a button to add to cart , damn i was gonna buy it

• man where did you get that bugera profile that one sounds good to me !

i check sinmix website it has a bugera 333 but no button to add to cart ? whats the deal with that , all the other ones have a button to add to cart , damn i was gonna buy it

Its from sinmix producer pack 1 bundel and tweaked that it sounds good to me. Dont know which i have used but i think it was a sinmix mesa boogie 2x12 cab.
    cheers
    Frank