All Kemper Chorus

• Depends on what you are after. Is there a certain chorus you want to mimic? Boss, TC....?

Personally I only use the Vintage Chorus, only after the amp section and only up to about 25%. Guess I love Chorus but only as a subtle effect. I use the Micro Pitch 1 & 2 more often and use it predominantly before the amp section up to about 30% or so depending on the song. Seems to add depth and character to my sound without the modulation, allowing all my notes to be more consistent when I strike them if that makes sense.

• Hi all,

Don´t know if you notice or not, but I didn´t like any Chorus effect on kemper, any recommendation to sound better ?

Thank you
    regards

Good suggestion from Booyah, when you use it full out it tends to end up sounding like the Andy Summers/Police (which can be good or bad depending on what you are looking for). Sometimes people just don't really like chorus, maybe try using delay and turning the modulation to about 4 - 6 to get some chorus only on the delay repeats?

• Thank you for your answers but I tried over and over again before and after de amp section and doesn´t sound good to me :(

I like Chorus when I play on a SS ou tube amp it sounds really amazing and I Like a lot, but on kemper no.

• Try downloading some of the stuff from Maurizio70, he had some great effects including a cool Chorus or two in his starter pack, here's the link:

http://www.kemper-amps.com/for…ht=Maurizio70&#post102039

If that doesn't work let us know what Chorus pedal you had or what was in the SS amp you mentioned, that will definitely help us pinpoint the sound you're after. Chorus' from different amps are sometimes as varied as the different amps themselves.

• I happened across the flanger when it was needed to imitate a sound for a particular song.....now I prefer that against chorus or phaser....depending on how I use it...

If you are interested I'll check out the settings....

• Yeahhh the Maurizio70 Profile Pack in simple amazing, great presets profiles.

But the Chorus FX still the same, I don´t like it. you can do the test.

Go to a store or if you have an Amp with Chorus and play it, listen the sound of the chorus, then enable the chorus on Kemper and you will see that is a poor sound.

I still love my Kemper OK!!! But for some FX the quality is Very Low.

If you don´t agree with me it´s ok... The problem is on my side :)

• Go to a store or if you have an Amp with Chorus and play it, listen the sound of the chorus, then enable the chorus on Kemper and you will see that is a poor sound.
    I still love my Kemper OK!!! But for some FX the quality is Very Low.

while taste is a very subjective thing you are making quite a bold claim about the general quality of effects in the Profiler - which is simply not true.

Between the Vintage Chorus, Hyper Chorus, Air Chorus and the related effects like Micro Pitch, Vibrato and Rotary a stunning array of chorus sounds can be created.
    Add to the the very powerful parameters 'Crossover' and 'Ducking' that go well beyond what most effect boxes can produce.

What chorus sound are you looking for exactly?

We really do need a little more information in order to help you. ;)

• Hi Guys, just my 2 cents here.
    The chorus is probably one of the best effects we have on the Kemper and for sure one of the most flexible we have (several types and several parameters to deal with). If you mix them then you have really tons of combination.

Thomas, give us a track, an example you want to reproduce and we try to help you. Maybe also the right combination with a correct amp/cab/eq can help a lot...

The only effect I need improvement on is the flexibility of the delay (but not on quality that is very good). For the modulation part the effects are in general of very high quality.

• @Thomasyoung You mentioned comparing it to an amp with a built-in chorus. That would most likely be an amp with stereo chorus. Do you have a Stereo monitoring set up for your Kemper? How do you listen to your Kemper? What amp/speakers? What Output Setting do you use?

I think this is more what needs to be investigated here than anything else actually, if the listening device/profile isn't sounding good to begin with, no amount of tweaking is going to help.

• Hi Guys,

Thank you for all your comments.

Check this Video, I like a lot the sound of this Chorus

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I sell this pedal 2 months ago, in fact I sell all my botique pedals, but for some reason I miss a Lot the Chorus FX.

I have my kemper connected in Stereo into a Focusrite Forte and M-Audio BX8" active monitors.
    My output on Kemper is:

Master Stero
    Main output

I already tried almost all the parameters on all types of chorus as well.
    I can live with that :) but probably happens with me and some people that came from analog rigs.

• I think it's quite easy to achieve the sounds in that video on the Kemper and I would love to set up some FX patches for you to work from, but unfortunately, away from Kemper and my guitars and will be till sometime in June.

• I guess the Vintage Chorus is the one for these kind of sounds.

kee in mind that the Profiler's parameters a lot cover more ground, so forget setting the dials by eye. ;)
    the video shows rather, strong obvious chorus sounds in the beginning, so don't be afraid to use really high Depth and Mix values.

• I'm going to have to agree here with those showing distaste for the Chorus. I can never get mine to sound anywhere as good as my MXR. Some people here may be into subtlety, but I'm not. I like to crank my chorus, and put it before things. I'm into a lot of new wave sounds that you just can't do with the kemper chorus.... if I showed you guys the tones I like to get... and then asked you to replicate it with the kemper' fx.... I don't know if we could get on the same planet. It's the only thing that frustrates me about my otherwise perfect and beloved space toaster.

Maybe I'll just have to record some examples.Taste is subjective, but this isn't a matter of taste. By not having a chorus option that allows me to get sounds I like, I have to forego the otherwise wonderful effects in the kemper because of one sound (that should be easy to acquire, I'm not looking for something you couldn't find with any chorus pedal on the market) and create a board with other fx I shouldn't need because their counterparts are totally fine on the kemper. People have similar complaints about the fuzz and muffin sounds, and I can see why.

The amps are the focus of kemper, sure, but this is where shootouts between the kemper and the axeFX are spot on. The kemper outshines everyone on amps, but the FX have some major flaws. For people who use a lot of different pedal sounds it's somewhat a buzz kill... particularly when I'm not asking for some crazy shimmer verb or uniqe boutique sound. I just want a chorus that sounds like any chorus you'd probably pick up. From small clone to Chinese knock offs to the boss ce... they can all do what the Kemper can't when it comes to chorus.. ||

“Cinema is the ultimate pervert art. It doesn't give you what you desire - it tells you how to desire.” ― Slavoj Žižek

• Hey Mr. Stardust!

The spoiler tab reveals nothing for me. Could it be my location (Australia)?

Regardless, you've reminded me that IMHO, the next FX-update request from we users should involve that of the chorus flavour.

IMHO, many here would be stoked, for example, to be able to pull Dimension C/D-type FX for their clean and even distorted tones. I used to love those pedals. Your wishes, and I've no reason to suspect you don't know what you're talking about, should be taken into account too, provided the settings for sort of thing you're after aren't in fact possible and not just widely-misunderstood.

Thank you for bringing this up! We've been so focussed on delay and 'verb, particularly spring 'verb, for quite some time now, that I'd all but forgotten about the good ol' chorus effect, which IMHO is right up there as one of the big three, with phasing arguably in the mix too.

• I know kemper really keeps and eye on these and even takes suggestions from users seriously! I think it's a good idea. A new chorus sound, or tweaks to the settings on even current modules was added I'd never have to use a pedal board! Vintage is the closest, but like the above commenter added... it lacks something... maybe it's that fine line between the really wild unusable modulation of the kemper chorus with settings all the way up, and a really thick chorus. I can't even touch the air chorus without getting frustrated. Also... I don't know why there is a spoiler section on that hahaha might have been an accident!

“Cinema is the ultimate pervert art. It doesn't give you what you desire - it tells you how to desire.” ― Slavoj Žižek