Big problem - Volume lowers on every profile as I play - updated firmware , problem still persists

• Hi guys I am experiencing a problem with my Kemper. Okay the problem is that as I play a profile at a good volume after about 30-50 seconds the volume automatically lowers a bit. It does this on every profile. It didnt used to do this. I was on firmware 2.3 but upgraded and it's still doing it with the latest firmware so its not a firmware issue.

The only difference is my setup used to be connected to my Focusrite audio interface and I have since changed it. My monitors used to be connected into the interface and the interface into the Kemper. I now have my monitors connected direct into my Kemper as I am not currently using my interface. I am thinking this must be the problem somehow. Any ideas? Do I need to run my monitors into the interface to eliminate this audio fading problem? The Monitors are Mackie M8's.

Thanks for any help!

• I think its the interface. Every cable checked?
    Was Paults check succsesfull?
    I would disconnect everything and only check it with the headphone. Next is only checking it with your Mackies connected to main out. Be sure that mainout is setted right on main stereo out.
    Use the latest firmware.BTW, why do people use old firmware versions, i dont understand it. In most every new firmware the kemper guys repaired some old bugs. So in my thought nothing is better than the latest software.
    Do you use a footcontroller? If you use some, maybe a reset of the controller helps.
    my setup: Guitar front in. Main outs stereo to my Tascam mk 144 Interface. Interface via USB to laptop. Monitor out mono to my RCF 10" nx sma full range monitor. Midi in, midi out to my FCB 1010 footcontroller.Latest firmware, no problem

• <p>Im having a similar problem. I have my kemper connected to an atomic FRFR. The volume drops after a few minutes of playing. This is a major problem as I will be using the Kemper live in a few weeks. One time the volume came back up. Anobody else has this problem? Can something be done about it?</p>

• does it happen every time or just now and then? It's happened to me a few times, 2 gigs and one rehearsal. at the time I wasn't sure if it was a cableproblem or something else cause I couldn't recreate it at home.

• Thanks guys. I cant check with my headphones yet cause I have misplaced my connector. I will get a new one and try that though. It seems this only started after I disconnected my interface and started running my monitors straight into the Kemper. Its happening on just about every profile I play. I cant understand it. It never happened when I had my interface connected. Its a mystery I hope to solve. Id hate to think something is wrong with my Kemper.

• Today I started playing and all seemed fine for awhile on a few profiles, then it came back, the drop in volume. I dont have my daw hooked up currently. Just my monitors straight into my Kemper.

Did you try with Headphones? Maybe its monnitors not the KPA issue. Try to eliminate things(your monitors for example) - Connect outputs to the interface and check the volume behavior with some daw and other monitors or headphones. I will suspect your monitors - did they have some limiter at input?

• Maybe a longshot but the KPA has a couple displays that show volume position. I think page 2 of the system screen and another one on page 9 or so of the rig screen.

Try loading up a profile, then going to one of these screens and watch to see if you see anything changes while you play.

Another thing to try. try going to the screen which allows you to set the position of the volume pedal. In the rig or system page, I think. Turn it off to see if that make any difference.

Edited once, last by davec69 ().