ISP Stealth and the Kemper

• I have an unpowered Kemper, and I'm thinking about getting an ISP Stealth power amp to power it through a 4x12. Has anyone had a lot of experience with this and how well it works, especially in comparison with a powered Kemper? I was contemplating jumping up to a powered Kemper, but figure I could save some money by just getting the Stealth as an option for my current one.

When reading about the Stealth I was a little confused by the outputs and whether it supports 16ohm in the mono bridged mode. I have a Marshall 1960a with 4ohm and 16ohm mono options, and 8ohm stereo if I had a second cabinet which I don't.

• I have the ISP Stealth and it's working fine with the Kemper. I run it through a Peavey Jensen 4x12 (8 ohm). It does support 16ohm loads in the mono bridged mode.

From the manual:

Channel 2 Speaker connection, connect 1⁄4 speaker cord to Channel 2 speaker. Use
    4Ω, 8Ω or 16Ω loads. NOTE: Mono Bridge Output is dissabled when Channel
    ouput is used.

Channel 1 Speaker connection, connect 1⁄4 speaker cord to Channel 1 speaker. Use
    4Ω, 8Ω or 16Ω loads.

Mono Bridged Speaker connection, connect 1⁄4 speaker cord to Mono Speaker. Use
    8Ω or 16Ω loads.

Hope this helps.

• I mounted the Stealth in the back of my toaster, and have been using it with a Marshall 1960a as well, for almost a year now. Works amazingly well, and sounds great. I use it for band rehearsals twice a week, and have played several gigs with it as well. Easily keeps up with acoustic drums.

• I mounted the Stealth in the back of my toaster, and have been using it with a Marshall 1960a as well, for almost a year now. Works amazingly well, and sounds great. I use it for band rehearsals twice a week, and have played several gigs with it as well. Easily keeps up with acoustic drums.

Thanks, how do you hook it up, with just the mono bridged into the 16ohm jack?

• Thanks, how do you hook it up, with just the mono bridged into the 16ohm jack?

Yup. :)

Someone else hooked up my cabinet for me at a show once, and I didn't realize until afterwards that it had been plugged into the 4 ohm side. I don't really know what might happen with that, but nothing did happen after 45 minutes at high volume. Stealth wasn't even warm.

• So I got the Stealth and it sounds awesome with the Kemper through my Marshall 1960a. However I feel that you really have to tweak the EQ of most rigs, I find there's generally always too much bass.
    I went through my Monitor Out with cab turned off, and went through a bunch of profiles, some DI stuff, it all seemed kind of random what sounded good and what didn't. But overall, really loved the sound that I could get by a couple of devices I can carry in a shoulder bag ;)

• I had this issue too and would tweak the CAB's HI and LOW SHIFT parameters a bit.

But I must say that I have not had to tweak them with MBritt's pack 2, Dumble and pack 3. I guess he tweaks them already for live performance, but whatever, I've been able to roll between 2 differing cabs (G12H, G12H30, Greenback) with no tweaking.

That's different than the 1960a which I assume has the T75's, but I'd be curious if you have the authentic British speakers or not.

• DB, are you using the stealth? Do you have anything to compare to if so? I've heard nothing but good reviews but I thought I'd ask. My cab doesn't get here till Friday so I have to wait s few more days to try it out. 2x12 g12h30 loaded avatar vintage cab.