Assign an effect to more than one switch on the remote

• It would be great to be able to assign an effect..for example delay, to more than one switch on the remote.

eg pedal 4 assign delay to switch delay on or off. Pedal 2 assign distortion, boost and delay.

that way I can have a slot for rhythm guitar without delay engaged, I can press 4 to engage delay, or press 2 to engage delay with distortion and boost for solos.

I tried it, and it seems it's not possible.....or am I missing something?
    current fix is to use 2 slots.

cheers
    Mike

• I asked about this awhile back. I think the kemper team like the performance style methodology. As viabcroce said, the way to do this is to set up a performance slot, then you can switch between the same rig with different pedals engaged (ie slot 1 is a clean sound with delay, slot two is the same clean sound with a delay and boost engaged, slot 3 is the same clean sound and has a tube screamer and delay, etc.) I think this is the route CK and team are going to stick with instead of assigning the same effect/stomp to more than one switch. Although it would be nice to have that option.

• Ah ok I get it, shame though as I'm not sure this works for me....although you don't know till you try right ;)

I think it got put in as a question and was possibly a feature request. One thing to think about is that things might change a little given the strong demand to have multiple delays to place before the current delay slot (ie have a delay in a stomp slot or in the X or Mod slot in addition to being in the delay slot to be able to get multiple delays), if that happens, you may be able to accomplish more of what you wanted to. I use performance mode, setup each song with 5 slots and have intro, verse, chorus, bridge and a final slot for my acoustic guitar or something in case I need to switch in each performance. Each slot within a performance uses the same rig (or a different one if necessary) with a different mix of effects. For instance, I do one song that has an intro with a big clean sound and a delay, the verse moves to a similar clean sound but with a dotted 8th delay with a high mix. The way to do this is to save one slot with the regular delay, then save the second slot to use a dotted 8th delay.

• Looking at the original post as linked above by timdabel, that's not what I'm talking about.
    I don't want to be able to have multiple effects assigned in one rig...what I want to be able to do is recall any of the assigned effects by pressing either pedal 1 or pedal 4 on the Kemper remote...

So say Distortion is in the stomps section on the kemper ..... and I assign it to button 1 on the remote.
    I'd like to also be able to assign that same distortion stomp to pedal 4 on the remote, I'd also assign delay to pedal 4.

That would give maximum flexibility for example you could engage distortion only on button 1, distortion plus boost on button 2, distortion plus boost plus delay on button 3.

I'm new to the remote and to performance mode, so I'm just getting my head around it....It might be I can switch to working as you suggest above. Previously I used a rocktron all access and had assigned banks of 10 rigs, with various on off switches (also using two dual pedals for extra switches) this was normally enough for my sets.... the setting up by song concept is a new one for me, but I'll give it a go.

• You can have the exact same rig on every slot of your performance, with the exact same effects, only engaged the way you like them. You can even name them dist, dist+delay and so on.

the trouble with how you want to do it, from my view...is that effects "doubleassigned" would toggle!

• yeah I know they'd toggle, but the idea is load the rig for the song... then use one of the options as an on/off...means I could use the same rig/slot for multiple purposes instead of one slot per section of a song.

Just need to get my head around the new way of working I guess

• Yeah i guess so. The nice thing about your soon to be new way, is just that it doesn't have to be the exact same settings :)

Switching amps for everything with delay or boost for instance, is a disease that can only be cured with late night coffee, lot's of time and random outbursts of "I am so awesome!"