Automatic clean sense and possibility to save guitar for performance.

• I'm not sure if it's been up here in some variant before. In that case, sorry. I'd love an auto clean (and dist)-sense. Plug in a guitar, engage learn function, strum a little...set.

Also being able to name/save your guitars and assign them to performances would be nice!
    :thumbup:

• I'd love an auto clean (and dist)-sense.

What you're asking for doesn't make much... sense :D
    From the wiKPA:

[CS & Ds] are necessary on the Profiler because we offer the volume compensation for clean sounds. That means when you turn the gain to zero, you get a fully clean sound at regular volume. You could not do this on an analog guitar amp. But if your guitar itself is loud or soft, the clean sound would become too loud or soft. This is what you level with Clean Sens. It took me a while to create this, and I understand that this might be a bit confusing, as those controls do not react as you would be used to. But just use it as described and don't think about it deeper. The Clean Sens will also care for the best levelling of the digital instrument input

Those parameters have been added for a greater versatility, and by their own definition, cannot be automated.

HTH :)

• Not automated like from a sequencer, more like a short profiling of the guitar's output, and then save that.

That way if i break a string on my Les Paul and have to use a backup strat or tele...The gainstructure would be intact on all my performances, without editing every single one...on stage.

• Not sure I'm following: in order to take a short recording of an instrument you'd not work less that what's needed in order to set CS once and for all for that specific instrument.
    Furthermore, if you changed your guitar on the fly and had to run\recall such "recording" of a second guitar, you'd not work less that what's needed in order to recall a different preset.
    What am I missing?

:)

• The ear is more exact than a machine . ;)

Agreed! Let me set up where it breaks into full distortion once by ear, and let the machine match that regardless of what i plug in!

Another option is to add another switch to the remote. I push that and you or viabcroce magically appears and matches my semi-distorted sounds on the fly, when all i have to plug in is that Squier the other band brought as a spare :D
    I would also like a toggle function between the both of you if one of you've been partying too hard and fall over :)

All jokes aside.Paults helped me, i'm happy... It is possible to save per slot and i didn't get that!

• That it's quicker and more exact for a machine to determine my guitar's output level, than it is to set it by ear/feel.

The point is, that you are extremely overestimating the amount of accuracy that is needed in order to have the Profiler play at its best.

As regards CS, it's enough that the input led doesn't stay in the red area when you strum the hardest.
    As for DS, Kemper suggest to tweak it if you hear\feel that the distorted sounds' level is not proper in comparison to clean sounds.
    As you see, everything is left to your personal preferences. In fact, you might want to create a specific volume difference between the two families of sounds... no automated procedure could do it for you.

HTH

• As far as I understand it, DS has nothing to do with a comparison to clean sounds and/or with the volume level of distorted sounds. DS has something to do with the output of your guitar and the amount of gain. E.g. a guitar with high output can produce more gain than the profile/rig is intended to produce. So, if you have the feeling that your profiles/rigs have too much/too less gain you can level the amount of gain globally with DS without the need to tweak every profile/rig.

I could have farted and it would have sounded good! (Brian Johnson)

• The point is, that you are extremely overestimating the amount of accuracy that is needed in order to have the Profiler play at its best.

As regards CS, it's enough that the input led doesn't stay in the red area when you strum the hardest.
    As for DS, Kemper suggest to tweak it if you hear\feel that the distorted sounds' level is not proper in comparison to clean sounds.
    As you see, everything is left to your personal preferences. In fact, you might want to create a specific volume difference between the two families of sounds... no automated procedure could do it for you.

HTH

I love this forum. It's great for me at least to get to think about this stuff a couple of times every day!

Think of it this way. I set up everything the way i like it, to my personal preference....I like the feel and the sound of it, my cleans are sparkling clean, my crunches are deliciously crunchy and my full out distortion profiles are ripping my head off. I'm a happy camper!
    The simplest thing in the world is a big part of that equation...How hot my pickups are!

Now switch guitars, plug in something with much hotter pickups...strum a few times and the Kemper matches your previous setting. So your cleans are still clean, there's still some string separation in the distorted ones and so on.

Maybe i should've requested this under the label "Automatic guitar match"?

• Well, if I have a guitar with hotter pus I do want it to saturate an amp more than my other guitar. I definitely do not want the two to behave the same.

Also, DS has to do with the distortion volume, not its amount.
    A stronger pu will have louder cleans, so most chances are that once you set CS in order for the guitar to not overload the A\D converter, the relationship between cleans and distorted sounds remains the same.
    That's why the standard suggested procedure consists in setting CS and leaving DS to 0: change the latter only if you feel you'd like to have a different ration between the volume of distortion and the volume of cleans, which is not something you'd take for granted beforehand.
    Leaving DS to its default values would be the smartest move, and the easiest one.

:)

• Maybe its psychological effect but one of my guitars is hotter (emg57) and i like more distortion sense -1,5 than using -1,5db less gain on a profile. Maybe its not true but it feels to me like the profile is not loosing power using distortion sense instead of amp gain

• Well, the two parameters are not scaled the same, even if they have the same effect. There's certainly a Gain value that makes your guitar sound as if you had set DS to -1.5.
    But this is just nerd chats, what matters most is that you are satisfied with your sound :D

• Haha. Yes of course it's nerdy! And yes, i really dig the sounds!

I often like the difference in my guitars. But when performing a certain songs, that are tweaked over time. (i play in an electronic project) It's still a good idea! Just this, about 2:50 into this video.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.