DIY Midi-Footcontroller .. With Tuner AND Looper

• Hi everyone,

what do you think about my DIY-Midi-Footcontroller? It´s based on an Arduino Mega.

It has 18 Buttons, 19 RGB-LEDs (one for Tempo-info) and 2 7segment-Displays. (One for Bank and bmp, One for CC Value of the Expression pedals). Until now it has a (poor and quick built front-panel, but once i am satisfied with the Layout, it will get a 3mm Black aluminum-panel. The displays will move and i will increase the distance between LEDs and Switches a little).

2 Expression Pedals conected
    1 Tap-Switch connected

What it can do until now:
    - Send Programchanges in 2 Banks (a 4presets) for switching Rigs (I don't need more).
    - Switch Stompboxes on/off. (sending CCs)
    - Tap tempo (with Beat-Scanner, when holding button).
    - Switch 4 different Delay-Types with nrpn-commandos (different Delay-Clocks like dotted 8th, 4th, analog-Style, Stereo-Style) .. And switch delay off, if same Delay-Type-Button is pressed.
    (I use one Expression pedal for Delay-Volume.. The LED of the active Delay-Type fades with the state of the Expression Pedal :) ).
    - Switch Delay-Feedback to "much" or "less" (multiple nrpn)
    - Freeze-Function (thanks to Joptunes for the idea) (multiple nprn)
    - Complete Looper integration: Rec, Overdub, play, stop, undo/redo, retrigger, 1/2Speed with the holding-Function of the rec/overdub/play, the stop and the 1/2-Speed-button. (I don´t need the reverse function).
    - Display Tuner-Info from the KPA
    - second Midi-In to Get Infos (like midi-clock) from another device

it will get another 3 LEDs to display Tuner-Info all the time via these LEDs.

here it´s in action:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I will post/send the arduino code when it´s ready (until now many wrong/not-finised parts in the code) and any info you want to know.

Martin

• outstanding!!

so you're doing the pedalboard as well, I guess......how much is it?? :love:

p.s.: sorry for asking the price of a possible competitor to the kemper remote.........no means of damaging kemper sales and overall I don't think the intent of Mortl is to compete with the company

"...why being satisfied with an amp, as great as it can be, while you can have them all?" michael mellner

"Rock in Ecclesia" - new album on iTunes or Google music

• Hi,

thanks!

the costs of just the material would be not much - but for most of you i don´t need to mention the time spent for this project. So if I want to sell my controller (or build some to sell them), the price definitively would reach that of the Kemper Remote.. I also wouldn´t be able to provide much support for troubles of any kind.
    and after all you can change it´s functions only by changing the code, there is no user-setup. -

Here is the ino-file
    Be aware, that there are parts of the Code, which aren´t needed anymore (were there for testing things)... and some are not finished yet .. and so on.. :)

In another post i wrote this:

here is my ino-file
    but:
    1. i´m not a programmer, so i REALLY don´t know, if you even do programming that way, i did, or if there are WAY better ways :) - a friend of mine (programmer) just told me when reading my code: ".. hmmmmmm, so, if its working... "
    2. EVERYTHING is totally personalized for my needs ... but maby you can get some ideas out of it :-). Maby you don´t get any of my ideas, without me explaining it :)

Its all in the ino file, no extra files except the included libraries..

After all: Many of my comments are in german ... some in english..

greetings
    Martin

• translated word by word its "remember-variable"... thats even in german not a good word for that. what i ment is a variable to remember the state of the switch / expression-value... so they are called swst - for switch-state... or exprst for expression-state

the 6 variables with "..temp" at the end (cnexptemp, expchanneltemp .. where "merkvariable" comes once more) . ) are not yet used in the code. I will use them to change the purpose of one expression pedal when using a specific effect. For example: one pedal is for delay-mix. when switching on a pitch effect the expression pedal will change to adjust the mix of the pitch-effect. when switching the pitch effect off, it should return to that purpose it was used before .. so i declared the "temp" variables to remember the state, channel, cc#, upper limit, low-limit etc. before changing the purpose.. does this make sense to you? :)

martin

• Ahh great, that makes sense. One more thing what is 'pog' ?
    Also do you have a schematic or wiring diagram for what you have done ?
    Thanks again for this great project, i'm even thinking of selling my Kemper Remote if I can get this going properly :)

Edited once, last by smfelton ().

• thats a Pitch effect which i want to sound like the EHX POG...
    My midi-Stream-Arrays are labeled like the effect they sound like .. (vibe, tremolo, whammy, pog, .. )