How to bridge longer distances and/or connect more than one Remote to one Profiler

• Profiler and Profiler Remote communicate with each other via an ethernet cable. The cable included in the Profiler Remote package with its Neutrik® etherCON® cable connector carrier has been carefully selected, and is perfectly suited for this purpose. If you decide to use any 3rd party cable, please make sure it meets our quality standards.

Cables in excess of 10m (30ft) might require a Power over Ethernet Injector (PoE Injector). This way, distances of more than 100m (300ft) can be bridged. Using a PoE switch even multiple Remotes can be connected to one Profiler. Supported are IEEE standard 802.3af-2003 as well as 802.3at-2009 mode A.

Be aware that only mode A can be used, mode B is not functional!

Here is a list of equipment we have tested successfully:

PoE injectors:
    TP-LINK® TL-POE 150S

PoE switches:
    TP-LINK® TL-SG1008P (8 port gigabit switch with 4 port PoE)
    Allnet® ALL8085 Switch (8 Port 10/100TX)

Using a PoE switch connect not only the Remote(s) to those ethernet sockets, which supply power, but also the Profiler itself.

We are planning to test more devices and extend these lists. This information is also included in Reference Manual 3.0.

• Hi, I have a patch panel built in a rack. When I use a PoE injector, should I place it between the Kemper and the patch panel, or between the patch panel and the remote? Thank you!