How to get the looper working with any Midi Device

• Hello all. I'm wondering if any of you can offer suggestions or help.
    I'm trying to get this working with a Korg padKONTROL.
    This is a drum pad (see attached)
    I've been at this for a few hours and I'm pulling my hair out trying to get this to work. (see attached)
    I can set any pad to send a CC# and then I am able to assign a fixed velocity and a release velocity.
    Let's say that I'm trying to access the reverse function.
    My understanding from the OP's post is that I would assign one pad to send CC#98 with a velocity of 91 and a release velocity of 0.
    Then a second pad would send CC#38 with a velocity of 1 and a release velocity of 0.
    I am seeing midi activity on the Kemper but I am not able to affect any changes.
    I realize that this isn't ideal but it is for use in my studio and my main interest is in being able to access the reverse/half-time/trigger functions.
    I am currently using a foot switch for the play/record and stop functions.

• Other than those two numbers, you have to send two more numbers in order for looper functionality - a total of four to access each function. Probably more trouble than it's worth trying to do that with your midi pad.

• Hmmm.
    I am referencing this section of the OP's tutorial.
    It looks like you would just have this on two pads.
    Am I missing something here?

• Ah no, that seems to be truncated. You have to send four commands. Do a search and you'll find them.

Hey Nightlight, thanks for the advice. I tried using all four commands and it worked. It's a bit convoluted but actually not too bad for studio use. Once you input the first two commands, you only need to send the second two for each future on/off message.
    I did find some interesting behaviour for the reverse sequence. It seems that the sequence for this (ReverseCC#99 V125, CC#98 V91, CC#06 V0, CC#38 V1 (on press), V0 (on release) has the following behaviour.
    Press one - plays through in reverse than normal in a loop ----> <---- etc.
    Press two - plays reverse only
    Press three - plays normal

• Hey Nightlight, thanks for the advice. I tried using all four commands and it worked. It's a bit convoluted but actually not too bad for studio use. Once you input the first two commands, you only need to send the second two for each future on/off message.
    I did find some interesting behaviour for the reverse sequence. It seems that the sequence for this (ReverseCC#99 V125, CC#98 V91, CC#06 V0, CC#38 V1 (on press), V0 (on release) has the following behaviour.
    Press one - plays through in reverse than normal in a loop ----> <---- etc.
    Press two - plays reverse only
    Press three - plays normal

Yes, I've noticed very finicky behaviour with the reverse as well. I don't use it too much as a result, my needs are mainly confined to play, overdub, stop and erase.