MIDI Question

• I have a quick question, I use a Roland GR-55 to control the Kemper currently when using live.

I have a question, does anyone know if this will work?

Boss FS-6 in the Switch 1 slot, using it to go up/down on rigs in browse mode
    MIDI out to Roland GR-55

If I change rigs with the Boss, will the Kemper output the MIDI info to my GR-55?

Just want to make sure before I buy it, I didn't know if I would still have to switch rigs in the 55 or the Kemper will do it for me.

Thank you!

• The Kemper does not send midi info to control gear like the GR55, you would have to set up patches on both machines that sync with the ups and downs and then use the Kemper's midi "thru" to go out to the Roland to get the Boss messages to the GR55.

• A pedal attached to the Kemper will not change MIDI programs on just the GR55.

BUT, if you use Performance Mode, and use an attached pedal or your current MIDI controller to change Performance Slots on the Kemper, you can send MIDI program changes to one or two other devices with each Kemper Performance Slot change.

Depending on how you organize the Performance Slots, you can:
    A) change sounds on the GR55 without changing sounds on the Kemper
    B) change sounds on the Kemper without changing sounds on the GR55
    C) change sounds on both at the same time.

How?
    Here is an example of A)
    Performance 1, Slot 1 is programmed to be Kemper sound #1, and to send a MIDI command for GR55 sound #1
    Performance 1, Slot 2 is also Kemper sound #1, but the GR55 changes to sound #2

Changing from Slot 1 to Slot 2 or from Slot 2 to Slot 1 changes the GR55 sound, but not the Kemper sound.

Here is an example of B)
    Performance 1, Slot 1 is programmed to be Kemper sound #1, and GR55 sound #1 (same as above)
    Performance 1, Slot 3 is programmed to Kemper sound #2, and the GR55 is sound #1

Changing from Slot 1 to Slot 3 or from Slot 3 to Slot 1 changes the GR55 sound, but not the Kemper sound.

And an example of C)
    Performance 1, Slot 4 is programmed to be Kemper sound #3, and GR55 sound #3

Changing from Slot 4 to 1, 2, or 3 changes both the Kemper sound and the GR55 sound.