New commercial Bass Profiles?

• Hi all,
    Has there been any new bass commercial profiles put out anywhere that I may of missed in the last few months? ...

I often use the Sonic underground ones live and they have been great.

Many Thanks

Sean.

• Now that my L6 stuff's walking out the door (I refused to profile it as a matter of principle, assuming I'd get much better on / for the Kemper), it seems profiles for bass are, well, thin on the ground.

One classy, comprehensive pro pack's all we should need, really, so... c'mon... somebody... pretty please?

• I'm currently working on a mesa bass pack. It's a m6 carbine with a 4x10 powerhouse cab. There will be direct and merged profiles all 3.0+. Clean and boosted profiles by a Keeley TS-9dx with the baked mod. Just started the process last night. Mics I have access to are SM7B, Beta 52A, Beta27, Beta57A, Sm57, I5, a KSM32, KSM137, and a beta 181 Not 100% sure when it will be ready, but I'll definitely post when they are.

• bought this today , trying them later.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Thanks for the pointer, Kosta. I grabbed the Choptones Bassman set after a listen to the demos and I am really impressed. I don't want heavily distorted bass tones and these are right in my wheelhouse right out of the box. They cover a diversity of very useable tones - pretty much all of which I could find a use for. Some really solid deep tones with the Ampeg and Aguilar 15s and some brighter sounds from the Hartke and plenty in between. The R121 mic patches and some of the patches using the 2x10 Mesa and Markbass cabs are some of my favorites.

• Hey guys, real curious to hear what you think of these. I spent all day yesterday profiling my rig, and I feel like I got some pretty nice profiles here. We are all different, and it will ultimately come down to taste, but I've got about 80 profiles in total. Feel free to try out a few here and let me know what you think. The profiles with TS next to them mean they are running through my Keeley modded TS-9DX. Profiles with the TS next to them are optimized for everything above 250hz. So if you throw on a HPF up to around 250 it should sound best. The m6 has 5 different voicing options which I found what felt like the sweet spot per mic, and ran them through the different voicings. This allows for some pretty varying tones per mic and position.

https://db.tt/AF9aJHWb

• Thanks for the pointer, Kosta. I grabbed the Choptones Bassman set after a listen to the demos and I am really impressed. I don't want heavily distorted bass tones and these are right in my wheelhouse right out of the box. They cover a diversity of very useable tones - pretty much all of which I could find a use for. Some really solid deep tones with the Ampeg and Aguilar 15s and some brighter sounds from the Hartke and plenty in between. The R121 mic patches and some of the patches using the 2x10 Mesa and Markbass cabs are some of my favorites.

im also very impressed.

my cheap warwick rockbass sounds a million bucks now :thumbup:

im a guitarist first , but i think the bass side is been neglected by the pro "profilers".

most free stuff is a bit meh....

• Hey guys, real curious to hear what you think of these. I spent all day yesterday profiling my rig, and I feel like I got some pretty nice profiles here. We are all different, and it will ultimately come down to taste, but I've got about 80 profiles in total. Feel free to try out a few here and let me know what you think. The profiles with TS next to them mean they are running through my Keeley modded TS-9DX. Profiles with the TS next to them are optimized for everything above 250hz. So if you throw on a HPF up to around 250 it should sound best. The m6 has 5 different voicing options which I found what felt like the sweet spot per mic, and ran them through the different voicings. This allows for some pretty varying tones per mic and position.

Thank you very much!

I won't be auditioning bass rigs 'till I replace the original strings... now 12 years old. Too expensive to justify unless recording.

I do look forward to hearing what you've come up with 'though, and thank you again!

thanks !

they sound good, clear /bright , very usefull pack :thumbup:

I spent some time with these and liked them a lot. Sounds like the library will be worth checking out. Thanks for sharing these.

• Hey guys, the bass pack is available now.

<a href="http://kimurarecordings.bigcartel.com/" class="externalURL" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">kimurarecordings.bigcartel.com/</a>

Bought it and browsed through all 87 profiles. First impression was that there was a lot of usable profiles! Nice, warm, rough, distorted, etc... I'm sure I will use these on my future recordings. Good work, worth every cent! :thumbup:

• Quote from skoczy: “Yeah I am also interested if new bass profiles were released using &gt;= 3.0 firmware profiling method...”

We have put new amps on hold and started upgrading our bass profile sets to &quot;Firmware 3.0&quot;

Are the profiles migrated to 3.0? Want to grab the bass pack?