RESOLVED!!! My brand new Remote doesn't work... (But the support team is THE GREATEST!!!!)

• So, when I first tried it it worked just perfectly. All the features worked fine then I decide to connect to RM and the Remote stop working in the same time... I don't know if it's related or just a coincidence. Since that it worked about two times over hundred of boot.

Here is what happen:

1) Connect the Remote to KPA
    2) Boot KPA
    3) Remote light up for a second or two as it is normal to do then it goes to ''waiting for connection'' and stay there until it shut down after a long while.

Here is what I tried:

1) Using another cable (tried three different).
    2) Re-initialized the Kemper.
    3) Format Flash memory on the kemper,
    4) Reinstalled last firmware.
    5) Downgrade firmware to 2.7 then back to the last.
    6) Tried the 3.0 firmware.

I got a success after dowgrade to 2.7 then going back to the most recent but once shut down the KPA I could not repeat the success.

I, of course, opened a ticket (number KA00096742) but no answer for the moment.

Any ideas???

• Hi
    seems to be the same problem i had, i sent the remote to kemper
    and they fixed it
    you can always brig it back to life with the downgrade to 2.7 and then upgrade to last
    but after a while it will stop working
    mine will be back on monday then i can tell what the fault was

• Hi
    and they fixed it
    you can always brig it back to life with the downgrade to 2.7 and then upgrade to last

Thanks to shime in digbob!

Well it's not the scenario I hoped for... But if it's a hardware related issue there is no other solutions I suppose.

• Hi
    and they fixed it

Just tried again to downgrade to 2.7 then going back to the last firmware and it works again, but I'm pretty sure that when I'll boot them up next time it will not work anymore like the last time I tried it...

I will let it work longer this time and see if it does something better... I'll be back!

BTW, I'm not a software expert but, isn't it difficult to believe that it is a hardware related problem when doing this procedure make it works flawlesly until I reboot??? ?(

Edited once, last by Pick909 ().

• Just tried again to downgrade to 2.7 then going back to the last firmware and it works again, but I'm pretty sure that when I'll boot them up next time it will not work anymore like the last time I tried it...

I will let it work longer this time and see if it does something better... I'll be back!

BTW, I'm not a software expert but, isn't it difficult to believe that it is a hardware related problem when doing this procedure make it works flawlesly until I reboot??? ?(

Update: The Remote shutted down by itself after about 15 min....................... :(

• Sorry to hear this. I guess there's nothing more you can do then wait for support.

Because the remote isn't connected, you have greyed out pages in the profiler related to the device. You'll have the same when you connect another controller or none at all.

Hope you get it fixed quickly!

• Sorry to hear this. I guess there's nothing more you can do then wait for support.

Because the remote isn't connected, you have greyed out pages in the profiler related to the device. You'll have the same when you connect another controller or none at all.

Hope you get it fixed quickly!

Yup, the system pages screen were normal the few times the Remote worked.

I suspect a memory problem on the Remote side, it seems that the connectivity info disappears after a while then is restore only if you downgrade to 2.7 then update again to 3.0.2.

So, yes, it could be hardware related at the end...

• UPDATE

After some downgrade to 1.7 then update to 3.0.2, the Remote began to work most of the time, I mean, when I did this procedure before, the Remote would work only one time, at the first boot, but now, it works about 60% of the time without re-doing the procedure (staying at 3.0.2).

Still not acceptable but strange... ?(

The memory is possibly not the issue as I thank... :huh:

Anyways I will wait for the kemper support team answer. :/

• After some downgrade to 1.7 then update to 3.0.2, the Remote began to work most of the time, I mean, when I did this procedure before, the Remote would work only one time, at the first boot, but now, it works about 60% of the time without re-doing the procedure (staying at 3.0.2).

Still not acceptable but strange...

I think, this is a bogus. Please contact support, I am sure that there is a different cause.

• I think, this is a bogus. Please contact support, I am sure that there is a different cause.

Support contacted me today. Here is their answer:

''Sorry to hear about that. Our US representative Matt Skaggs will contact you to get the remote exchange.''

So it seems to be a hardware related bogus.

• Matt Skaggs was my contact to when I had my issues. Just shipped him 2 broken remotes and my old kemper on Friday.

I know about your story, two times the same thing... 8| I hope that my first replacement unit will be alright, I thing that, for a replacement remote, they should open the box and check that everything is OK prior to ship it.

Did it take long before Matt Skaggs contact you?

• Sorry I didn't respond sooner, but Skaggs contacted me quickly at first, but there were a couple times where he didn't get back to me for a few days. For the most part he was prompt and took care of everything as quick as he could. I'm sure he was communicating with kemper hq about what to do as well