Going heavy with Sinmix' free profile

• I am a sucker for the Rig Exchange, somehow it seems these profiles are less geared towards sounding huge on their own - as opposed to working in a mix. There are obviously lots of exceptions though ;)

Anyhow, I am now also a sucker for Sinmix profiles' - and I have never been this happy with a metal mix of mine.

Also worth noting, is that I used the same profile for both bass and guitar. Has anyone tried this? It somehow made sense.

I should also say I did not tweak the profile at all, with the exception of lowering treble with 0.1 for guitar and lowering gain quite a bit for bass. I used an LTD guitar with a JB pickup.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

So what are you wating for, go grab "TheBeast sm57_TS_1" now, if you haven't already! ;)

Thanks for watching.

• Also worth noting, is that I used the same profile for both bass and guitar. Has anyone tried this? It somehow made sense.

No opinions about this?

I have just tried it with a clean fender profile for a jazzier track, and I think it worked there as well. It seems that using the same profile for both bass guitar and guitar will put the two instruments in their corresponding place in the mix, without too much frequency overlapping.