QUESTIONS ON DOWNLOADS

• sorry to ask this, tried to search, pc is really acting up today, I cant find my manual, so here goes #1 when downloading profiles , (windows7 IE) do I OPEN or SAVE ? #2 can profiles be transferred directly thru usb Cable ? I have the 3. installed about a month ago. #3 if I get the downloads into my laptop, do I have to have internet service to transfer to kemper, my buddy's jam room does not have internet service, I really want to install the Michael wagner profiles , oh one more ? #4 can I delete multiple profiles from kpa thru rig manager ? thanks in advance , roger

Edited once, last by rdwilson ().

• As for downloading profiles it's pretty simple, have the Kemper format a USB stick and the copy/paste the profies (.kpr files) into the shared folder. Then plug the USB into the Kemper and follow the prompts to get them into your machine.

• As for downloading profiles it's pretty simple, have the Kemper format a USB stick and the copy/paste the profies (.kpr files) into the shared folder. Then plug the USB into the Kemper and follow the prompts to get them into your machine.

.............thanks for reply, am I mistaken about using the usb cable for downloads? the usb sticks are nothing but a pain in the a$$ for me , they never seem to work for me , & I have get a friend to do it , & he is not available..

• The USB in the front will only work for sticks that are formatted by the KPA, so no, hooking that to a computer will not work and hooking a USB cable to the back will work with Rig Manager only. You're really gonna need an internet connection unless someone hands you a USB stick that is formatted to the Kemper and holds the Profiles you want or someone's backup files.

A quick trick to deleting multiple profiles outside of Rig Manager: use the delete all non-favorites in the System menu, it will delete all rigs that you have not personally changed and/or stored on your machine, including factory rigs. Save or Rename anything you want to keep and everything else goes away.

• ok thanks, I don't have usb in front, its a toaster, but one of my questions was if I have profiles downloaded in my laptop, do I still need internet to install into kpa ? also I am confused when downloading I get the option to Save or Open the file ? I really don't do the procedure often enough to remember ( yes really short memory :) ) thanks booya

• You don't need internet if the files are on your laptop but you will need a USB stick to move them into your Kemper. On your laptop you "save" the files, I save mine right into a USB stick that I plug into the laptop prior to trying to transfer the profile, etc (I know that's not what you want me to say but it's all we have for now) as it will have to go there eventually, the Kemper can't talk to your laptop, it only sees info from formatted USB sticks and files online in RIg Manager. Hope this makes sense.

• the Kemper can't talk to your laptop, it only sees info from formatted USB sticks and files online in RIg Manager

If you have Rig Manager installed on your computer, AND have already downloaded rigs into the Local Directory of Rig Manager, you can use a USB Cable to copy rigs into your Kemper.

BUT, it needs to be a USB Type A/B cable:

[Blocked Image: http://www.rocketfishproducts.com/generated/images/products/productdetail/9663428_sa.jpg]

Kemper connection - - - - - - - - - - - - --- - - --- - - -- - - -computer connection

• .........thanks Paul,(again :) ) yep I have a cable like shown, & have rig manager, but have not installed the profiles into R manager yet ,(not sure how to do it ) in fact I think I only opened some of the files & saved a couple, so I am guessing , I need to delete the opened ones & re download them & then install via R.manager.....I am really stupid when it comes to this stuff, & don't think I am going to get any smarter ;) . maybe if I did it about 10 times I would remember, any way I think I am going to delete 90% of my profiles & start over...

• thanks Paul,(again :) ) yep I have a cable like shown, & have rig manager, but have not installed the profiles into R manager yet ,(not sure how to do it ) in fact I think I only opened some of the files & saved a couple, so I am guessing , I need to delete the opened ones & re download them & then install via R.manager.....I am really stupid when it comes to this stuff, & don't think I am going to get any smarter ;) . maybe if I did it about 10 times I would remember, any way I think I am going to delete 90% of my profiles & start over...

Hi rdwilson,

Here is what you need to do. By the way, this is based upon using a Windows-based PC. However, if you are using a Mac, the steps are similar.

A) If you are downloading Factory Rigs from the Kemper site, click on the Download link. You should get a window that asks you to "Save As". If you are not sure where the file is going to be saved on your computer, or are not comfortable in working with folder structures...you will want to simply save the .ZIP file to your windows "desktop". So, when you see the "Save As" screen, make sure you use your mouse to left click and highlight the Desktop icon, which should appear in the menu on left side of your screen.

B) It should only take a few seconds to download. Once it has completed, look on your desktop for the .ZIP file.

C) Use WinRAR or 7-ZIP or WinZip to open the .ZIP file. You might want to first create a NEW FOLDER on your desktop, which can be the destination folder for where you unzip and extract the Rig Pack files. I recommend you name the New Folder with a tile similar to the Download file. For instance, if you have downloaded the Kemper factory "Merged Profiles Pack", name the folder that. In any event, the profiles/rigs in the downloaded .ZIP file will be .kipr files.

D) Once you have opened the .ZIP file, select the "Extract To" command, and select the new folder (e.g. "Merged Profiles Pack folder) you made on your DESKTOP. Then, hit "OK" to extract the files and save them to the new folder. The .kipr profiles will be saved into this folder.

E) Open up the new folder with Windows Explorer, so you can view all the .kipr files.

F) Highlight all the .kipr files by selecting them, and then hit "Copy"

G) Open up Rig Manager --> Make sure it is latest version (check the Kemper site), which is Ver 1.3.2

H) Select "Local Library", or create a new sub-folder nested within "Local Library". "Local Library" is located in the left pane of the Rig Manager screen. Once this is selected and highlighted, simply click on the "Edit" menu option (menu bar at top) and select "Paste". The .kipr profiles will be copied over to the "Local Library" folder in Rig Manager.

J) Connect the USB A/B cable from your laptop to your Kemper.

K) Select all the rigs you just copied to "Local Library" folder in Rig Manager, and hit "Copy"

L) Select "Profiler" in the left pane of Rig Manager, go up to menu bar, click on "Edit" and then select "Paste". The profiles will now be saved to your connected KPA.

Cheers,
    John

• ............... WOW Thanks John. this is what I needed,step by step for a blockhead like me , This should be made into a STICKY to maybe help other members.(Not calling anyone else a blockhead :) ) I cant thank you enough, roger :thumbup:

• We have the wiki... use it, guys! We would be creating a huge database and support base if we posted everything there. And any piece of information would be much easier to find than a simple stick!

:)