I'm looking for the Epica sound. any advice to share?

• Hi, i've just bought a kemper powerhead with the remote a few weeks ago and i'm still working in my profiles but the sound of Epica is the one i'm looking to get since i bought my first valve amp.
    they are using bogners uberschall right now and the band has never sound better. they are also using 7strings ibanez darkstone with blackouts and stock pickups and 7 strings ibanez rga with dimarzio blaze. my guitar is an ibanez rg1527 with crunch lab and liquifire so i think i could get a close sound with it.

i've been playing with all uberschall profiles that there are in the rig exchange without luck for now.

do you have any advice or tip or whatever to get close to their sound?

This is their live sound:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

thank you very much.

by the way i'm going to use it at home with a focusrite 18i8 audio interface and marshall major MKII headphones (until i could get enough money to buy a good pair of krk monitors)

p.s.: the pictures are from the facebook of their lead guitar player

• they are using bogners uberschall right now and the band has never sound better.

Here in Greece both guitarists used Mesa Dual Recto with matched 4x12 cabs, thought! I think you will have better results with recto profiles!

But let me tell you something...

I heard the bass tone alone and i jizzed my pants, never heard so great metal bass sound and i wasn't expecting it to hear it from a band like Epica!
    Also remember that famous, big, great bands use their own expensive and great equipement (console etc.) which is set up specifically to them and
    whatever you do it is quite difficult to achieve this live sound! It's an edited mixed live sound! For recordings it's easier to achieve it, ok!

• they rent duals in some countries but in spain i've always seen them with uberschall. mark used to use a dual rectifier back in the day but now they both use bogner since this last album or maybe the previous too.

the video comes from the retrospect dvd but it really sound the same live. it's amazing. i saw that concert stream and it wasn't much the difference.

with the bass you are completly right. rob van der loo have a really simple rig but with an amazing sound (i leave you photos below).

i'm going to follow your advice and see if i can get closer to their tone with a dual rectifier profile. but there are so many rectifiers and is going to be even harder hahaha

• they rent duals in some countries but in spain i've always seen them with uberschall. mark used to use a dual rectifier back in the day but now they both use bogner since this last album or maybe the previous too.

It crossed my mind that they might rent rectos, thanks for the info!

i'm going to follow your advice and see if i can get closer to their tone with a dual rectifier profile. but there are so many rectifiers and is going to be even harder hahaha

That's true, hahaha! Just use the one that sounds more rectifierish and good to your ears! Also if you want to record try quad tracking for a more saturated and tight sound!