USB Stick does not contain rigs to import

• I'm using the same USB stick I always have and I can't import anything. Previously it was saying that it was not necessary as the rigs were already on the Kemper, so I removed them and now it's saying that there's none there, but they are. That's if it actually recognises the USB stick.

Any ideas?

• Okay I've done that. Formatted and added all via Rig Manager.

It says 'No import necessary, All rigs are already available' or 'USB stick does not contain rigs to import'.

I have one rig at the moment, it won't import them.

• Yea but it would have to import them still though wouldn't it. It just says that there are no rigs on the usb or that I've got them. I done a system reset.

I've got the rig manager connected to the Kemper so I can add and delete rigs this way. Is there any way to add effects presets and cabinets etc from the rig manager?

• It's finally recognised them. Why is the USB slot so poor? I had to buy 3 USBs to get one to work as none of mine did and it takes 4 attempts to get it to recognise it, and today I've been messing about for hours doing this instead of playing. This is definitely a weak point of the unit.

• I've had some issues as well.

I think overall the system response/s to the USB-stick slot can be described as "sluggish". With this in mind, sometimes a little patience is the answer - always wait just that little bit longer than you might have otherwise before assuming nothing's going to happen and removing the stick.

If, on top of prematurely removing the stick, you then plug it in again only to find that the OS seems to still not be responding, should it be a surprise? Again, w-a-i-t.

Just my two bob's worth based on my early experiences. YMMV.
    Nicky

• Hi, the latest firmware.

Phil,

Not that this is necessarily a resolution to your USB Flash Drive issue...

However, I have noticed that when I plug my USB Flash drive into the front of my KPA Power Rack, it takes approx 10-20 seconds before it is "recognized". What you want to look for, on the Main Display, is for a new "prompt" to appear under the 2nd (I think it is the 2nd soft button), which will say "External Storage". Again...it will take a few moments after you plug in your USB Flash Drive before this option will appear at the top of the main display. When it does, simply hit the soft button corresponding to "External Storage", and it should give you a sub-menu prompt asking whether you want to either Format the drive, or Import Rigs (and perhaps another option). In your case, you will want to select the soft button corresponding to "Import Rigs".

Give it another try, and tell us if this appears after you give it a few moments after you have inserted the USB Drive. Again, I wouldn't be alarmed if it takes anywhere from 5-30 seconds before the USB is recognized, and the new menu option appears at the top of the main display, called "External Storage".

Cheers,
    John

• Yes. I have been waiting for the command to pop up but sometimes it doesn't.

Installing updated firmware can be a long nightmare, and I found out that I had to put the update file in the root menu of the usb and it still took ages to discover it.

• Installing updated firmware can be a long nightmare, and I found out that I had to put the update file in the root menu of the usb and it still took ages to discover it.

if there is much stuff on the stick (like +4 or 5 GiB) it is very slow, since the compatible filesystem (FAT16/32) is not very fast and needs a lot of reading to get the content. Try to keep it slim.