Upgraded to FW 3.0 - now all existing profles have an 'E' as if they had been edited....

• ...I assume this has something to with new parameters, but do I have to really scroll through 400+ profiles and re-save them to get rid of the 'E'. Is there a way to do that in one shot?
    Thanks.

• The "E" means they were last saved before v3.0, It is a way to know if a rig is fro before 3.0 or not.

You could re-save them in 3.0 to get rid of the "E". but there is really no need to do that.

Hi Paul,

Quick question that came to mind, based upon this subject matter...

If I import an old profile, say from Rig Exchange, which was made under an early (pre v3.0) Firmware...does my KPA automatically convert / modify it to the latest profile standards, in the background. I am pretty sure I imported a few older profiles, and I don't recall seeing an "E" in the profile's name, once it has been moved onto my KPA.

Cheers and thanks in advance,
    John

• Importing an older profile means storing it into your profiler, therefore you won't see an 'E'. ;)

Hi Ingolf,

Thanks for the reply. However, I presume TTripp's profiles that suddenly appeared with the letter "E" were also already stored on his KPA. That is to say, they were already residing on his KPA when he upgraded his Firmware. However, perhaps you mean that the very process of importing a profile onto your KPA not only "stores" but (obviously) "saves"...and it is during this process that the KPA converts an older firmware profile into newest format? In other words, during the process of either re-saving an existing old format profile (in TTripp's case), or importing an external old format profile (e.g., from Rig Exchange), a KPA running the latest Firmware will automatically make the conversion. Is this what you mean?

Cheers,
    John

• Hi Ingolf,

Thanks for the reply. However, I presume TTripp's profiles that suddenly appeared with the letter "E" were also already stored on his KPA. That is to say, they were already residing on his KPA when he upgraded his Firmware. However, perhaps you mean that the very process of importing a profile onto your KPA not only "stores" but (obviously) "saves"...and it is during this process that the KPA converts an older firmware profile into newest format? In other words, during the process of either re-saving an existing old format profile (in TTripp's case), or importing an external old format profile (e.g., from Rig Exchange), a KPA running the latest Firmware will automatically make the conversion. Is this what you mean?

Cheers,
    John

Yes, this is exactly what I was meaning to say. Storing to equals saving to your profiler.

• Yes, this is exactly what I was meaning to say. Storing to equals saving to your profiler.

Hi Ingolf. Thanks for the clarification. I think my previous post was poorly worded. Certainly, I understand that:
    Importing to KPA= "storing" to the KPA = saving on the KPA

What I was principally wondering was:
    In the process of Importing / Storing any old profiles that were made with old Firmware -- does the KPA (running latest Firmware) automatically convert these profiles to the new format..without the user having to actively do anything. In other words, this is something the KPA does silently, automatically, in the background.

And, I believe you answered affirmatively to this.

Cheers,
    John

• Rigs that are in the old formatt are automatically converted into the new 3.0 format. hence the "E".
    When you store such a rig it will be stored in the new format and the "E" will not appear again for that rig unless you start tweaking it.

• Rigs that are in the old formatt are automatically converted into the new 3.0 format. hence the "E".
    When you store such a rig it will be stored in the new format and the "E" will not appear again for that rig unless you start tweaking it.

Hi hjscheffler,

Thanks for the confirmation and clarification. However, the very last part of your last sentence (bolded for emphasis) has me a bit confused. If you import an old format profile, and the KPA automatically converts it to the new file format...why would the "E" reappear once you start tweaking it. I mean, I would have thought once the KPA converted it to new format, that would be the end of the story.

Cheers,
    John

• Because once you tweak it AGAIN it is edited again, this time not because of a new FW but because of tweaking. ;)

Hi Ingolf,

Of course I understand that once you tweak a profile, it has been edited.

However, an "E" doesn't appear when you start tweaking a "normal" (new format) profile. At least, I don't recall seeing this happen on my Power Rack, which is new and has latest firmware. So, I would think that once an old profile has been converted by the KPA into
    the current / new file format, during the IMPORT process...that should be the end of it. Yes? Or am I missing something, here? Sorry to get stuck on this issue...but what you are saying doesn't make any sense to me. I am not saying you are mistaken...just that it doesn't make any sense, given that this isn't how new format .kipr files behave on my KPA, when I am tweaking (editing) and saving a profile.

Maybe I am not making any sense? Lol.

• Hi Tritium, no offense taken.
    The normal behaviour with the profiler has been that when a rig has been tweaked the 'E' appears until the rig is saved.
    I'm not at my machine at the moment but is this bot the case for you any more?

Tritium that is strange both my KPA's work that way of having an "E" as soon as I turn a knob which edits the current state of the profile.

Gents, you may be right. I am not at my KPA right now, either...but I never noticed the "E" appearing.

LOL...actually, just as I write this sentence, and think about it, I think I understand why I never noticed. So far, when I have been tweaking profiles, I have always immediately stored them with an added character in my Favorites, directly from the last FX sub-menu I happened to be in at the time. In other words, I would still be within one of the FX edit menus (for example, Reverb), when I decide to hit the "Store" button, then select the "Store as Entire Rig" soft button, and then immediately "Store As (new name)". I don't think I have ever jumped back to the "main display" where the original profile name/title would have displayed. I am guessing, now, this is the reason I haven't seen the "E".

So, I think we can close the mystery file on this one. Weird...but entirely my fault. :thumbup:

P.S. -- If the "E" appears even when I have followed this particular sequence,and when I am about to store it under a new name...then I still have completely overlooked and did not notice it. Which makes me even more embarrassed. I am going to have to check this tonight. By the way, does the "E" appear at the beginning of the title, the end of the title, or somewhere else on the main display screen? <X

Edited 2 times, last by Tritium ().