Kemper Analog vs Digital Out Comparison Clip with different Interfaces!!!

• This was what I thought, but as I have no experience of using the spdif output (the spdif input on my Nucleus is optical) I only ever heard the analogue outputs, haha!

I think I heard the same thing as you guys!

In conclusion (and in keeping with mah style on this board), I will summarise like so:
    for the majority of people who voted
    for this type of playing
    for this guitar
    with this profile
    for these particular gain settings
    on that interface
    being hit this hard/soft by the kemper's output
    and importantly, in isolation rather than in a mix,

clip 1 was preferred.

Any number of the above points (some more than others) might shift the balance.
    I'm not trying to suck the fun out of the test, it was fun to do and to witness (and I myself thought the differences were there, but not overly apparent) - I'm just trying to put a big fat disclaimer up before some people get the idea that only the analogue route works even though they prefer the workflow of spdif, etc etc etc :)

Also, being perverse and willfully contrary like that, I will conclude that the majority of people prefer TWO AD/DA conversions rather than just one.... ;)

• You're perfectly right with the disclaimer and i never thought this was intended to prove the superiority of one over the other.
    It can, however, show a consistent difference. All clips were more 'lively' on the analog outputs, as if someone ran them through a very subtle exciter.
    Or, you know, a non ideal analog circuit.
    Besides, the fact that we're discussing this on a forum dedicated to an analog-circuit emulator only proves that we prefer non-ideal systems.

For myself, i'll take S/Pdif and an exciter any day. More predictable, less noisy.

"But dignity is difficult to maintain
    stamina requires constant upkeep
    repetition is boring
    and you pay for grace."

• You're perfectly right with the disclaimer and i never thought this was intended to prove the superiority of one over the other.
    It can, however, show a consistent difference. All clips were more 'lively' on the analog outputs, as if someone ran them through a very subtle exciter.
    Or, you know, a non ideal analog circuit.
    Besides, the fact that we're discussing this on a forum dedicated to an analog-circuit emulator only proves that we prefer non-ideal systems.

For myself, i'll take S/Pdif and an exciter any day. More predictable, less noisy.

Exactly :)