Michael Wagener profiles

• I found the ada to have a kind of reverb type thing going on, even with all effects disabled. Still, with reverb, it makes for a great lead tone.

The rest i found great. I was surprised how much i liled the modular randall profiles. Egnaters came out great too. Like the 2203 a lot lot lot. Havent gotten into the metros yet. So far this pack gets a huge thumbs up

• I have just played some of those profiles which come for free to downlad with the Michael Wagener Signature Rig Pack (May 2015)

I plugged my guitar into a power amp and an egnater 1x12 and they sounded AWESOME and inspiring, i was positively surprised.

Then i tried to record with two profiles and they did not sound as good. with my "real" plexi and a booster it is vice versa, first it seems to sound average while playing.
    the recorded result surprises and the plexi sounds terrific. (recorded with a standard shure sm57) some chiming in? ?(

My occupation: showing teenagers the many hidden secrets of the A-minor chord on the guitar.

• I found the ada to have a kind of reverb type thing going on, even with all effects disabled. Still, with reverb, it makes for a great lead tone.

The rest i found great. I was surprised how much i liled the modular randall profiles. Egnaters came out great too. Like the 2203 a lot lot lot. Havent gotten into the metros yet. So far this pack gets a huge thumbs up

Yeah, the Randalls sound surprisingly good!
    Anyway i play industrial rock, so maybe that's why everyone doesn't agree here :)
    Of course they suck, when i want to relax and play along to Led Zeppelin in my basement...but for live use, some of these profiles are going in my setup!

• I find these profiles sonically very unique (or I would say peculiar?).. spent few hours with them... and like very much reverb and delay presets.. the most I like at the moment Egnater EG5.. thanks for these profiles anyway! :thumbup:

ps: often I needed to roll back the definition on profiles where it is set to 10... from 10 to cca 7-8 and tone control also, rolled back to 6

• What I really like about these profiles is that I don't have to eq out the bass frequencies as with many other profiles. For someone who is used to a guitar sound that sounds good on its own, these might sound "thin" - as soon as you play them in context, they are killer. I feel tempted to buy the complete pack now that I have had a chance to test the free profiles provided by KPA.

• What I really like about these profiles is that I don't have to eq out the bass frequencies as with many other profiles. For someone who is used to a guitar sound that sounds good on its own, these might sound "thin" - as soon as you play them in context, they are killer. I feel tempted to buy the complete pack now that I have had a chance to test the free profiles provided by KPA.

THIS.

These profiles were made by a studio guy, so they are designed to sit well in a mix and sound huge in that context. IMO they do exactly this, and I think that's great. It's totally done with the gigging or recording musician in mind.

I love so many of these Wagener profiles. I've never liked so many profiles from anyone's profile pack before. There are usually a couple that I will like from each pack, but the rest are just meh. Not here. I really like almost all of them..

I've owned several of the amps in this collection, and he really nailed them. The EG5, Mamba (Framus Cobra), 59 Randy Rhodes (several vintage Marshalls), Mandarin (Orange Rockerverb), and the XTC module are my favorites.

PRS Singlecuts
    Kemper PowerHead/Remote

Quote from skoczy

When you turn the knob on KPA, you wake up the captured souls of tube amps living inside.

• I find these profiles sonically very unique (or I would say peculiar?).. spent few hours with them... and like very much reverb and delay presets.. the most I like at the moment Egnater EG5.. thanks for these profiles anyway! :thumbup:

ps: often I needed to roll back the definition on profiles where it is set to 10... from 10 to cca 7-8 and tone control also, rolled back to 6

yeah i allways find myself rolling back the definition parameter also or its harsh . I dont understand why this parameter ends up maxed out on many profiles , and is harsh sounding and ugly and we have to roll it back , are the amps really that harsh ?

• yeah i allways find myself rolling back the definition parameter also or its harsh . I dont understand why this parameter ends up maxed out on many profiles , and is harsh sounding and ugly and we have to roll it back , are the amps really that harsh ?

Tastes differ - and so do people's pickups :) I bet that if you tried your guitar into the real amps, with those exact settings, that mic, that room, that placement etc, then you'd find that tone harsh, yes :)

• Tastes differ - and so do people's pickups :) I bet that if you tried your guitar into the real amps, with those exact settings, that mic, that room, that placement etc, then you'd find that tone harsh, yes :)

true but why does it max out ? is that because people are profiling with a tube screamer turned on , and ck says specifically kemper doesnt profile tube screamer but i have purchased profiles that even bake the tube screamer in and i wish they wouldnt , its easy to add it later

• true but why does it max out ? is that because people are profiling with a tube screamer turned on , and ck says specifically kemper doesnt profile tube screamer but i have purchased profiles that even bake the tube screamer in and i wish they wouldnt , its easy to add it later

Just because the definition is on ten doesn't mean that there's anything "wrong" with the profile. I'm guessing the definition is some sort of representation of numerous parameters inside the kemper that you can adjust the individual relationships between with that knob. I don't think it has anything to do with a tube screamer, or any profiling deficiency.

• Just because the definition is on ten doesn't mean that there's anything "wrong" with the profile. I'm guessing the definition is some sort of representation of numerous parameters inside the kemper that you can adjust the individual relationships between with that knob. I don't think it has anything to do with a tube screamer, or any profiling deficiency.

my worry is that any parameter maxed after profiling means it reached its limit and cant go any further , so it could mean its not accurate because it needed to go to 11 or 12 , but 10 is the limit . and why bake a tube screamer into the profile when CK has them added in the stomp section , just turn them on after making the profile of the amp only , should be the same .

i think once the ts or a distortion box is baked in the definition parameter is skewed and youre not able to adjust the amp definition anymore because the profile has a stomp box permanently baked in

• my worry is that any parameter maxed after profiling means it reached its limit and cant go any further , so it could mean its not accurate because it needed to go to 11 or 12 , but 10 is the limit . and why bake a tube screamer into the profile when CK has them added in the stomp section , just turn them on after making the profile of the amp only , should be the same .

i think once the ts or a distortion box is baked in the definition parameter is skewed and youre not able to adjust the amp definition anymore because the profile has a stomp box permanently baked in

my worry is that any parameter maxed after profiling means it reached its limit and cant go any further , so it could mean its not accurate because it needed to go to 11 or 12 , but 10 is the limit . and why bake a tube screamer into the profile when CK has them added in the stomp section , just turn them on after making the profile of the amp only , should be the same .

Plenty profiles have definition of 10 without tube screamers.

Initially, i had the same exact concerns regarding maxed out. Now I don't think about it anymore. The numbers' don't matter, only the sound. If the sound is not ot my liking, I move on. If you think that LOWERING the definition makes it sound better, I guess it's preferable that the definition is on 10 rather than on 0 ;)