Stereo Monitor Out

• No, not a question. I posted in the feature request section in a hope that it could added as a feature going forward.

I understand what you propose, but then all the cabs need to be switched off in every rig, and i still want to be able to send a mix to FOH that has the cabs/mics in place, whilst getting a stereo cab free setting to my power amp.

• There is a way for monitoring in stereo: Use Monitor and Direct Out and dial in Master Left/Master right. But there are two disadvantages: First you can't handle the output volume of Monitor und Direct Out together, only separately. Second you can't switch off cabs on Direct Out, so if you're monitoring through traditional guitar cabs you'll hear the KPA cab sim on Direct Out, which is like a cab through a cab (cab sim and traditional guitar cab).

I could have farted and it would have sounded good! (Brian Johnson)

• To simplify the stereo monitor setup, I would find it cool to if you can
    define the master 1/4 jacks output as a monitor output. The XLR jacks
    would then be the master out to FOH and the 1/4 jacks would be the monitor out, which would greatly simplify the connection of a stereo monitor setup. The assignment could be done with the output menu.

Play it like you mean it.

• You could send use the monitor output to send to the FOH, leaving yourself with the main left and right outputs for stereo? It's not like most sound men really want to give you two inputs for stereo anyway. In fact most venues won't even mix in stereo at all. So you may as well save the main outputs for use to feed your VHT. Not sure the type of Cab you are using. If using a traditional guitar cab, you'd need to send the VHT a signal with the cab off. I believe you can keep cabs on in the monitor output (for sending to FOH) and turn them off on the mains. Not by my kemper at the moment, perhaps someone else can answer that?

• Ah, didn't realize that, as I never play with cab off. I always go direct or into a powered monitor. Wouldn't that be a simple feature to allow the mains to go cab off with the monitor cab on? sure, most wouldn't have a use for it, but apparently folks do. Just allow the cab to be turned on or off independently for each output.

• To simplify the stereo monitor setup, I would find it cool to if you can
    define the master 1/4 jacks output as a monitor output. The XLR jacks
    would then be the master out to FOH and the 1/4 jacks would be the monitor out, which would greatly simplify the connection of a stereo monitor setup. The assignment could be done with the output menu.

This would be great, but I believe that the master TS jacks are hard- wired to master output.
    As for using the direct out as a stereo monitor option it would be great to be able to control it with the moitor output volume as an option.

• This would be great, but I believe that the master TS jacks are hard- wired to master output.
    As for using the direct out as a stereo monitor option it would be great to be able to control it with the moitor output volume as an option.

correct: the monitor out is mono and it is a hardware thing not software. in other words, there is no way on earth to transform a mono jack into a stereo one with a software. it'll be that way for ever unless kpa team decide it is time to produce the profiler with that implementation. but I doubt it'll be wanted because I read in the manual that the monitor out is called 'glorious mono' meaning the like it that way...

one way could be to split the signal. i.e. you exit from the monitor out in mono, plug it into a delay pedal and exit from the delay pedal with two cables going to a stereo power amp. there is no way to retrieve the stereo Fx...but at least you feed a two channel amp.....

"...why being satisfied with an amp, as great as it can be, while you can have them all?" michael mellner

"Rock in Ecclesia" - new album on iTunes or Google music

• There is a way for monitoring in stereo: Use Monitor and Direct Out and dial in Master Left/Master right. But there are two disadvantages: First you can't handle the output volume of Monitor und Direct Out together, only separately. Second you can't switch off cabs on Direct Out, so if you're monitoring through traditional guitar cabs you'll hear the KPA cab sim on Direct Out, which is like a cab through a cab (cab sim and traditional guitar cab).

This is changed by newer firmware I guess ? because Monitor,- and Direct out volume can be handled together now, or am I mistaken?

• Monitor and Direct Output are independent but they can be handled together ;)

That's how it's done:

• Go to Output Page 1 and set Monitor Output to Master Left and Direct Output to Master Right. (Deactivate the loop if you have set it in the stomps or effects section.)
    • Go to Output Page 2 and set Monitor Output Volume and Direct Output Volume to -∞ (minus infinity), then check only Monitor Out Link and Direct Out Link.
    • Use the Master Volume and you're done ;)

The disadvantage is that you will still hear the cab on the Direct Output :(
    Kemper, give us a "Monitor Cab Off" button for the Direct Output, too...that would be great! ;)

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guitars for what I told her they cost.

• No, Monitor and Direct Output are still independent.

I can manage/ handle the volume control for direct out and monitor out together without any problem, whatever the settings from one or both are at the start, with the master volume.
    Cab is on but I use two dxr10's so for me personaly thats how I want it.
    EQ monitor out, connect to Direct out would be nice also.

Edited 3 times, last by Dorrus ().

• Monitor and Direct Output are independent but they can be handled together ;)

That's how it's done:

• Go to Output Page 1 and set Monitor Output to Master Left and Direct Output to Master Right. (Deactivate the loop if you have set it in the stomps or effects section.)
    • Go to Output Page 2 and set Monitor Output Volume and Direct Output Volume to -∞ (minus infinity), then check only Monitor Out Link and Direct Out Link.
    • Use the Master Volume and you're done ;)

The disadvantage is that you will still hear the cab on the Direct Output :(
    Kemper, give us a "Monitor Cab Off" button for the Direct Output, too...that would be great! ;)

Definitely!! this would be the greatest feature, the cab off in the direct out!

"...why being satisfied with an amp, as great as it can be, while you can have them all?" michael mellner

"Rock in Ecclesia" - new album on iTunes or Google music

• Kemper, give us a "Monitor Cab Off" button for the Direct Output, too...that would be great! ;)

+1
    Now I'm finding myself in a situation where I'd need it. I have a guitar cab in monitor out and a bass cab in direct out.
    So I need to set all my bass profiles without cabinet just because I can't disable the cab in the direct output.
    Hopefully I haven't many bass profiles to deal with, but such a simple feature shouldn't be missing.