MIDI assignments for different projects?

• Hey everyone,

I would like to start using my KPA with 2 different bands. I would like to keep the number of rigs to a minimum in order to help keep my head straight and also to help facilitate faster boot times, so I want to load only the rigs for one band at a time.

With that in mind, what's the easiest way to change the MIDI PC's for each band?

In other words, I would like to remove the rigs and PC's for band A, and replace them with rigs and PC's for band B. Managing the rigs shouldn't be much of a problem...at the moment I think I can do all that housekeeping within Rig Manager.
    It's really the PC's I'm wondering about.

Should I do this with different backups for each band? Or should I just create local folders for each band within RM, and then load the MIDI assignments from...somewhere else?

I'm sure there's a fairly simple way to do this but I'm having trouble wrapping my brain around it.

Thanks!

• The best way to achieve what you want is make a backup with your desired profiler status for each project. It will contain rigs, FX, and midi assignments.

Great...thank Ingolf!

I wasn't sure if those MIDI assignments were part of a regular backup or not.