Traynor YCV50 Blue and Devi Ever Hyperion (fuzz) direct amp profiles

• So, this amp has a bit of a story! About 4 years ago I decided I had my heart set on a Traynor YCV50 Blue. I searched low and high and struggled to find one in the UK for a good price, so after around 6 months I bit the bullet an imported a second hand one from the US. I jammed with it for 6 or 7 months (and believe me that was tough, these things weigh a ton!) and had everything good for when my current band were starting to gig, and it developed an intermittent fault that would appear after around 30 minutes of playing, where the amp would cut out entirely. Uneconomical to repair, it sat collecting dust and I moved on to a small head and 1x12. Until the Kemper came along that is! I've just been profiling with a Behringer GI100 DI box - I don't have access right now to a decent mic - and playing through a 1x12 with a V30 it is like having an old friend back again!

I've just added a few to RE, a good starting point is YCV50 Edge Of Breakup, I think through a 1x12 V30 this is very true to the amp, which is quite dark for open chords, but lovely for clean licks. There's a few of the dirty channel, some boosted with a Way Huge Green Rhino, but I've always preferred the clean channel myself. The YCV40 is better known for its clean, but I love the voicing of the 5.

I also took the opportunity to profile a Devi Ever Hyperion fuzz through this amp, there's 4 profiles on RE, it's a very reactive fuzz, and I think sounds best through a neck humbucker. These are under Devi Ever Hyperion 1 - 4. It's not captured 100% perfectly, but I wad surprised how well it came out. The fuzz reacts well with the darker character of the YCV50, but I don't know how well this would sit in the mix without removing some of the low end.

Enjoy!