Dava picks!

• I also have to say thanks for the heads up on these picks!
    Between $5.50 - $7.50 USD for 6 picks?! Eh, lemme see what the buzz is all about.

I ordered a "refill pack" - all Grip Tip gels - I assumed were 6 picks for $7.08 USD, free 2 day shipping with Amazon Prime.
    What I received today was a pack of 36 GT gels!

I find them noticeably less string-resistant than the Dunlop Tortex picks I've used pretty much forever.
    Slick & slippery - very nice!

...and I checked today - the same pack is now $28.

• how do dava compare to v-picks for grip? and in general for that matter.

I have tried both and been a long time V-pick user. To me the grip on the v-pick is superior compared to the Dava. Just stays in my hand better, especially when I sweat. I have tried and used all 3 versions of the Dava- the Delrin, Gel and Rock Control. (The Rock Control ones don't have that rubbery texture but more hard plastic feel so that's even less grippy).

The Davas are nice but I never felt the need for the "gauge on the fly" aspect based upon how high up you grip the dava pick. I'm not sure how many of you are grip shifting during a particular song but if I know it's all strumming, I just grab a thinner pick. For fast lead work, a thicker pick. I don't change picks mid-song (Not famous/rich enough to throw picks in to the crowd while shouting, "Thank you Cleveland!" and grabbing another off the mic stand.)

V-picks cost more but I use the equal 3-sided Pearly Gates version so one pick = 3 picks! And they're string slippery like the dava gels.
    YMMV.