Dava picks!

• I just got a couple of batches of these, Grip Tips in delrin and nylon. I've changed plectrum types twice or three times in the 27 years I've been playing, but never played picks as good as these! Just had to share my excitement! Try them out if you haven't already :)

• @Hallan was it you that posted about them here recently? I can't remember who it was, but if so, thank you!

@messell Den danske leverandør hedder MainHouse Music og har nummeret 41 42 81 20
    Jeg købte dem dog direkte fra davapick.com og det tog kun 10 dage at komme frem.

• I like them very much (the jazz format).
    I found the red are less resistant than the yellow ones

Less resistant as in "they wear out more quickly" or as in "softer" ?

sam: thanks for the plug, now my OCD won't leave me alone until I get some Davas to try out! :D
    Just ordered me a Jazz Grip 6pack and a Grip Tip 6pack, should be fun going through them all... ;)

I'm just trying to be as truthful to my experience and personal opinion that I'm clearly presenting only as a personal opinion no more no less in an honest and truthful discussion about equipment.

Edited once, last by MuddyFox ().

• Less resistant as in "they wear out more quickly" or as in "softer" ?

sam: thanks for the plug, now my OCD won't leave me alone until I get some Davas to try out! :D
    Just ordered me a Jazz Grip 6pack and a Grip Tip 6pack, should be fun going through them all... ;)

This dude explains the thing about resistance quite well :

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

And you're welcome, hahaha! :D

@Hallan Ahhhhh it was a while back I saw them being mentioned, so maybe it wasn't you, but thanks just in case :)

• Hallan Ahhhhh it was a while back I saw them being mentioned, so maybe it wasn't you, but thanks just in case

..it was exactly on 14th May in "Tim Owens´s thread Have amp BE ecc.. but it doesn´t matter.. :) thanks for posting this video.. I have not seen it before...

MuddyFox: and less resistant? I have and use still the same picks I bought 2-3 years ago.. it seems that it is quite impossible to "destroy" them.. you can only lost them, hehe.. :D

• PS this is a good video that explains what makes the Davas so special :

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

:)

• how do dava compare to v-picks for grip? and in general for that matter.

I've never tried V-picks, but I can honestly say that you won't be dropping a Dava pick anytime on stage. They have a rubber coating that clings to your fingers without being tacky or sticky and the three ridges in the centre give them a very tactile surface. Check out the video I posted above :)

• This is why I absolutely adore this forum.

I wasn't even looking for anything like this, stumbled across this thread, check into them and decided to try some. (Been using the Orange Tortex's for ages)

Wallah... an instant replacement.

Beyond the grip and texture variances, I also notice less transfer of energy during strokes.
    It's kind of hard to describe, but still a remarkable improvement.

Thanks for the posting and the "heads up" on such great product,

Happy Kemper

• The Jazz ones are the shorter version, right?

I've got both in both delrin and gel. The gels are my favorites but as stated, they wear out rather quickly.
    They are great picks, though. Took me a little while to get the most out of them, though - it wasn't until i learned to adjust my grip while playing that i started really enjoying them.

"But dignity is difficult to maintain
    stamina requires constant upkeep
    repetition is boring
    and you pay for grace."