Your Honest opinion on Kemper as a live rig

• Al aire libre

como cortesía a otros usuarios, utilice el inglés fuera de los respectivos subforos que no están en inglés.

y por favor aclare el punto que está tratando de hacer.

Apologies, my posting was A mistake

• I must say I was disappointed at first with my live rig sound compared to my sound at home. It has taken me a while to adjust to that but now I love it. It is sounding better to my ears than before. Part of that I think was the adjustment from real amps to digital. Another part was simplifying things and deciding what profiles worked best for me in a live rig. There are so many great profiles! It can be overwhelming searching for your perfect tone and that search will probably continue to evolve but I can’t imagine going back to amps now. The Kemper is just fantastic. No regrets here.

• I use the Kemper to reproduce live the sound of my studio records.

I set the the Kemper to sound thru the venue's sound system (mixer) and the output without power/cab sim thru an art-sla2 solid state power amp and a Bogner 4x12 cabinet to feel the music on stage. (+ in ear tweaked general mix)

For small gigs, direct to the mixing table + in-ear mix.

I'm very pleased with the results :)

PD: I used to go with a 3 amp setup + FX rack (bogner xct classic + VHT/FRYETTE sig X + soldano slo30 or a marshall silver jubilee) + bogner 4x12 (celestion v30) cab + brunetti XL 2x12 (jensen) cab for "big gigs" and a jet cicy 20 or a marshall silver jubilee 2525h + brunetti 2x12 cab for the small ones :)

• My back is aching just reading the list :)

• You mean the back of the roadies...;)

Sadly, my roadies days are past. I have to carry my own rig (and PA) to gigs. I know some of you big time rock stars just walk on stage and pick up your axe that has a fresh set of strings on it and is already tuned ;) You lucky bastards!

• One of the best things is constituency of sound and a lack of spill on a live stage. Of course, quick changeovers and festivals is where it really pays to use Kemper.

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7

• Sadly, my roadies days are past. I have to carry my own rig (and PA) to gigs. I know some of you big time rock stars just walk on stage and pick up your axe that has a fresh set of strings on it and is already tuned ;) You lucky bastards!

Mine as well, last tour with roadies was back in the 90s. Nowadys (in non pandemic time) i just play small venues and or clubs.

If something is too complicated, then you need to learn it better

• One of the best things is constituency of sound and a lack of spill on a live stage. Of course, quick changeovers and festivals is where it really pays to use Kemper.

That is definitely true; however, setting my Kemper rack (in its rack) on top of the digital mixer (X32 Rack) and having only a couple of XLR's, a power cord, and my FC cable to connect is pure bliss on any stage. No stage volume to spill, and super light and easy to setup. Of course, if I were a lead player I would be needing a Kemper Kab to give me some string action on leads.... but as mostly the rhythm player .... no problem.

When I purchased my KPA, one of my best indicators that I would be OK getting rid of my Fender HRD and VHT Ultralead with a 4x12 slant top and 2x12 fat bottom ..... was the kinds of rigs OTHERS who had purchased a Kemper were using before they used the KPA.

I have to say that I don't miss my old rig at all. I have all the tone I could ever want and it is all packaged in a REALLY gig friendly setup.

• Still struggling to get a tone i like straight to foh.

Do you guys take more beefy/full sounding profiles or just takes the profiles that cuts?

Cause getting a tone that cut is ok but getting a bodied tone that is great that also cut is not that easy

• Still struggling to get a tone i like straight to foh.

Do you guys take more beefy/full sounding profiles or just takes the profiles that cuts?

Cause getting a tone that cut is ok but getting a bodied tone that is great that also cut is not that easy

For live shows you will need a less cutting darker tone with more mids. The highs and lows will always be emphasised at volume and you are in danger of turning a great studio sound into a thin rasp. Check out the Fletcher-Munson effect.

You often find people complaining that Britt profiles are dull sounding, but then they translate really well live. Of course you can find many others that work too for different styles, but this principal applies generally.

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7