Engl Retrotube E765 & Artist Edition E651 Profiles anyone?

• Hey guys,

the Engl Savage 60 was my first tube amp I owned and ever since I have been interested in Engl Amps.

These days, I don't dig the full-shred metal sounds (only) any more (which the Savage perfectly delivered).

Instead, the Retro Tube E756 or the recently announced Artist Edition E651 would be Tube amps I'd consider buying - if I didn't have the Kemper!!! :D

That's why my question is, if anyone is planning to profile these amps? I'd definitely purchase the packs, and I guess a lot of guys would be interested in the great Crunch and Overdrive tones!

Here's an advertisement of a Retro-Tube plugin simulation. I am sure, Kemper profiles would deliver the "real" tube feel/experience though!

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Apart from the all-positive tests of the Artist Editon, here's an Engl Vid promoting the amp, that will be for purchase as of June 2015 (Germany):

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Where are the Profiling Pros interested in Engl? :)

Cheers!

• Andy over at TAF did an Engl pack a while back.
    The demo for it, on his site, is the Retrotube - which happened to be my favorite of the bunch by far.

"But dignity is difficult to maintain
    stamina requires constant upkeep
    repetition is boring
    and you pay for grace."

• thanks for the hint, bigb6611!

I have a Rectifier pack from ArthurD and also from Deadlightstudio. The latter one was profiled exactly to my taste (very natural, no FX, raw amp-settings, very rich details, ...) so I think I am gonna wait for these guys to come up with the new Engl Artist Edition.

• That Invader is just too much for me - these massive possibility just confuse me

Yes :D

1 = Channel 1 clean no bright switch
    2 = Channel 1 clean with bright switch
    3 = Channel 1 crunch with bright switch
    4 = Channel 1 crunch no bright switch

5 = Channel 2 crunch with bright switch no Highgain switch
    6 = Channel 2 High gain with bright switch no Highgain switch
    7 = channel 2 crunch no bright switch no Highgain switch
    8 = channel 2 High gain no bright switch no highgain switch
    9 = channel 2 High gain with bright switch Highgain engaged
    10 = channel 2 High gain with bright switch Highgain engaged + Maxon 808
    11 = channel 2 High gain no bright switch Highgain engaged
    12 = channel 2 High gain no bright switch Highgain engaged + Maxon 808
    13 = channel 2 High gain no bright switch Highgain engaged + Maxon 808 scooped
    14 = channel 2 High gain no bright switch Highgain engaged scooped

15 = channel 3 low gain with bright switch no Highgain switch
    16 = channel 3 low gain with bright switch no Highgain switch + Maxon 808
    17 = channel 3 low gain no bright switch no Highgain switch
    18 = channel 3 low gain no bright switch no Highgain switch + Maxon 808
    19 = channel 3 High gain with bright switch Highgain engaged
    20 = channel 3 High gain with bright switch Highgain engaged + Maxon 808
    21 = channel 3 High gain with bright switch Highgain engaged scooped
    22 = channel 3 High gain with bright switch Highgain engaged + maxon 808 scooped
    23 = channel 3 High gain no bright switch Highgain engaged
    24 = Channel 3 High gain no bright switch Highgain engaged + Maxon 808
    25 = Channel 3 High gain no bright switch Highgain engaged scooped
    26 = Channel 3 High gain no bright switch Highgain engaged + Maxon 808 scooped

Still Channel 4 to do :thumbup: but really killer amp, my favourite Engl so far!

• Hi hi_range! if you are an ENGL lover be sure to check RE profiles from Uwe Steigmann and Phil Wiedbrauck.. ;)

thanks, Hallan! I'll check these out! I am very sure, there's a lot hi-gain profiles around (Powerball, Fireball). What I am even more interested in is the Crunch and Overdrive tones of their newer amps that are said to be stellar, too.

COMPLEXITY, that's what I mean, even w/o Ch.4.... my goodness.... 8o

• Hi hi_range! if you are an ENGL lover be sure to check RE profiles from Uwe Steigmann and Phil Wiedbrauck.. ;)

Man, these Engl profiles really rock!

I was even impressed by that Ironball profiles although I don't like the "real" amp that much (has this high frequency "sizzle"). These profiles are perfect base for a modern rock-setup, thanks a lot for the tip!

The Blackmore is a great amp, more Marshall territory if that comparison may be allowed. Nevertheless it has some nice touch of a slightly more "modern" sound and rich in overtones. The profiles transport that nicely and are usable straight away without much tweaking!